AVIC411.com

bypass z3 not working - see picture

I got my z3 installed yesterday, and my installer said he did what he usually does to bypass the z series but he said he had only done it for older units. See attached picture for the message i get when starting the unit. Would I get this message if he did the old bypass? Should I give him this link? http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass or is there something else i should tell him?

post-22603-12872755635323_thumb.jpg

ok, after doing some more searching, and since my installer told me he did the correct bypass, i tried hitting the reset button and it worked. i guess he didnt kno u had to do that or forgot... but its all bypassed now...

my next question - speed pulse in connection info says 0.. if i have him connect that will it break the bypass? and is it even important?

From everything I read on this thread, it appears to be an installation problem. Connecting the speed sensor wire will not effect the bypass. Connecting the wire will give you more precise nav functionality. Uses vehicle speed and satellite positioning to improve nav.

• 4 weeks later...