AVIC411.com

So I have a F90bt installed in my civic hybrid. I used a splitter on the antenna cable with the adapter so I could plug into my HD radio receiver as well. I get nothing on the am station but the FM and HD come in just fine. I just attached the power lead on the adapter cable ( just found out it was for the oem antenna amp) but still no AM, but HD improved a little bit.

AM worked with the OEM radio very well.

Any ideas?

Anyone install in an 8th gen Civic that get some AM reception?

Mike

The installer didn't put an antenna splitter on it. So the one antenna lead was hooked up to the HD Radio Box. On the HD Radio tuner, I couldn't get any AM, and the FM and AM tuners on the F Series didn't work at all either. Lack of AM (which is showstopper for me) combined with the digital/analog switching, and lack of preset frequency display was enough for me to ditch the HD Radio box.

I'd much rather have functional AM (which is great with the basic tuner) than HD FM. When it worked, the HD FM sounded great, but it was inconsistent. I do wish the regular FM tuner had RDS. Pretty lame it's not included.

I hope you can get them all to co-exist!