AVIC411.com

New updates coming

I know I'm new here, but I have it on good information that there's new updates coming for F90/900 within a week. It's supposed to make the unit boot up faster (under 30 seconds ) and fix the ipod drop-out issue. Although, I'm wondering if there isn't a way to overclock the unit???

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard similiar from Pioneer twice within less than a week when I have called... they did not give a time frame, however they said they are well aware of the MANY problems and that they are getting a bad rep for it so they are very commited to fixing it and are working hard at an update. I do not want to get my hopes up for a time frame though but that would be kick ass if it is available within the next week. :D

The F900/90BT European version.

The Bootup time is definitely a MUST fix (otherwise I wouldn't call it a "major" update!)

but hopefully there will be some other bugs fixed ? (this is a question mark, not some news)

Other BUG needing a fix :

- playing the next mp3 file before the previous ended (on SD card)

- empty Blue Box

- muting (or reducing, depending on the option we set) the volume of the FM Radio when giving instrucitons for the navigation (it does it for the MP3 files, but looks like they forgot it when listening to simple FM radio !).

- not clearing the destination when we actually arrived at our destination ! (It's just annoying to touch the screen 4 times, with slow reaction, when we arrived at destination and need to stop the navigation !! 1) MENU > 2) NAVIGATION 3) CANCEL DESTINATION 4) CONFIRM !!! ...Annoying !!! ).

- A rear camera view that won't be suddenly interrupted by a popping menu for 2 seconds and then returning to the rear camera view (I have to stop the car because of that menu popping up!)?

Wanted functions :

- there is an ability to search for VIDEO files, but no way to search for MP3 files.... :roll: well... i'm pretty sure most of us have a larger list of mp3s and will require a search for the mp3 on the SD/USB !

-A REAL tutorial for the navgate program, and not just a tutorial saying that the button "open" do open folders.... a tutorial explaining how to link the navgate software to the avic (create specific folder on SD ???) would be more useful. Cause right now this navgate software is untouched?

- an easy way to convert and import Voice navigation, from common voice file format.

- a way to update each year the MAPs from an official pioneer website ?

- the 3 lines displaying data in MAP mode + the Radar info when approaching one, are way too small with colors difficult to read (and i have a 10 on each eye..). So a way to read it more easily without having to concentrate too much on those small fonts while driving on the highway would be a SAFETY improvement.

I'm sure there are other bug/improvement required.. but this list fixed would finally makes me happy about the product.

- muting (or reducing, depending on the option we set) the volume of the FM Radio when giving instrucitons for the navigation (it does it for the MP3 files, but looks like they forgot it when listening to simple FM radio !).

Already done. Goto the source menu switch to "off". Hit menu button>settings>av settings>Lower left button says something about ATT/mute. That button is the toggle between mute and att for nav directions but it can only be changed when the av source is switched off.

Already done. Goto the source menu switch to "off". Hit menu button>settings>av settings>Lower left button says something about ATT/mute. That button is the toggle between mute and att for nav directions but it can only be changed when the av source is switched off.

Nope, i know that, but that's not what i meant. When in the option menu you mentionned i select (for example) ATT (=attenuate), it will attenuate any mp3 file in order to hear the navigation instructions... HOWEVER, if i'm listening to FM Radio (with that same option) it WON'T attenuate the radio when giving the instructions...

at least, that's what happenned last time. i'll try again in the next few days.

- not clearing the destination when we actually arrived at our destination ! (It's just annoying to touch the screen 4 times, with slow reaction, when we arrived at destination and need to stop the navigation !! 1) MENU > 2) NAVIGATION 3) CANCEL DESTINATION 4) CONFIRM !!! ...Annoying !!! ).

I admittedly am not on this forum as much as i should be, but this is the first time i have seen this mentioned, and i am glad i am not the only one..... that "bug" makes the Nav an absolute displeasure to use....

I'm still in amazement that these decks passed through Pioneer's QA department.... it's sad actually...

Nope, i know that, but that's not what i meant. When in the option menu you mentionned i select (for example) ATT (=attenuate), it will attenuate any mp3 file in order to hear the navigation instructions... HOWEVER, if i'm listening to FM Radio (with that same option) it WON'T attenuate the radio when giving the instructions...

at least, that's what happenned last time. i'll try again in the next few days.

Just tested it again today, and i confirm this bug on my unit. (firmware EU 1.0020).

When listening to FM Radio, and using NAVigation to somwhere, the nav instructions are set to a level VERY low (barely hearable), and no matter if i put the volume of the Radio to 62 or to 10, the level of the nav instructions stay the same (estimated to be around level 10 ??).

I did check the Audio configuration, moving the General and Audio Bar left to right... this doesn't change a thing to this bug :s

But again, when on SD/USB mp3s, this bug doesn't exist and volume of the nav will be xx level above the general volume (as set to be in the audio configuration).

The only bug on this thing that annoys the hell out of me is when using voice navigation in 3D mode the unit will randomly switch back to 2D mode. Sometimes it won't let me switch back unless I power cycle the unit. This only happens during navigation, if I have no route planned it works fine.

The only bug on this thing that annoys the hell out of me is when using voice navigation in 3D mode the unit will randomly switch back to 2D mode. Sometimes it won't let me switch back unless I power cycle the unit. This only happens during navigation, if I have no route planned it works fine.

Hmmm... the description of your "bug" looks more like one of the option of "Autozoom" (or something like that),

when the next step of the navigation if in more than xx kilometers (meaning you have time till next instructions) it will switch to 2D mode (plan mode) until you approach your next point of instructions... (this is actually a good option since i wouldn't care about having a 3D view when it says "exit right in 60 kms"... the 2D mode is then more isnteresting at this point.

So you better check out the options... ?