AVIC411.com

New updates coming

25 seconds? Well that certainly would show they were just making excuses for themselves with release notes from the first update if thats the case. They specifically said "Like most computers it takes time to startup and its NORMAL." Granted that is not a direct quote but something to that effect is posted on the website for the July 21st update.

I remember Pioneer released an official statement a month before the release, there hasn't been one

But I guess if the demo unit mentioned in a earlier post in EU is updated to a ..24.. firmware up from 20, then hey maybe we are in luck. Guess they have to make sure the new update goes through testing and doesn't brick a rediculous amount of units and its seamless, so maybe we will get it next week as stated?

Sure would be great, I hate going to pioneer's website and coming here several times a week.

haha, once all the bugs are fixed what will we all do with our time? Haha oh yeah use our perfect pioneer f series as advertised and happy.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I keep waiting on the update myself. I took the plunge and replaced my D3 with the F90 because of the potential the unit has... that being said, I am losing patience with it. It is so freaking buggy... I can deal with the startup time but the constant iPod failure and bugs when using VR are getting old VERY quickly. They know it is screwed up... you would think with the holiday season around the bend that they would fix it already so that they can move some units. :evil:

The place where I bought my f90bt just called me and told me that the update will be released next Tuesday and it will eliminate the slow boot up time. I cant wait!

Here is hoping but I am not going to hold my breath for fear of disappointment!

I spoke with someone today and the update is coming really soon....

It will have updates for

boot times

blackberrys

bluetooth and someother things.....

I really hope this update will restore my TTS. After the first update it wiped my TTS out, Samantha TTS shows up still but once I select it, it goes silent. No voice guidance..nothing. I even did the revised update instructions and manually importing the TTS files, still nothing. Only the non-TTS voices work.

Why would the place where you bought it call you to brag about an update? Unless of course you had it on order and this is the time they will get them? Haha unless of course you told them you will be bringing it back unless there is one? Called to tell you its coming so you don't have to return it and celebrate!

Funny stuff, it just sounds goofy thats all unless of course one of the guys who works there is a buddy and is excited for you. I wonder did they call all their customers who bought this? Kept their number on speed dial, guess the store must be slow or something haha, how much did you pay for it to get service like that?