AVIC411.com

East Coast Disc FTP Information Contained in this post.

I reset the unit and uploaded the new disc again, everything works perfectly. If anyone has updated successfully but is having a few glitches in the software, I would recommend reseting the unit and then uploading the disc again."

Thanks for this tip! I had the same problem with my mp3 disc and was at a loss. Glad to find someone who had the same problem and posted the solution!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unzipping etc now and will have to get a dl disk before I can burn it but can someone verify for me... will this update erase my saved addresses etc when it updates? I guess I could just go copy them down but...

To the person with all the corrupt file errors etc..

I also had a msg when I 1st tried to unpack that the file was corrupt

I went and dl'd the latest version of 7-zip and the same file that was

reported as being corrupt before unzipped fine.

Whenever youre dealing with an img file or a compressed file

that "someone else" made, it's always best when you get errors or failed

burns (before you go driving yourself nuts) to update all your software.

If newer software was used to make the file then you currently have installed "duh" LOL

Not sure if anything has changed, but the .rar that I downloaded from THIS server for EAST was incorrect. Unrared it was around 4 gigs, which is incorrect. I downloaded the torrent version which unrared is around 7.41gb, burned it with Nero 9 (Magic Iso apparently didn't want to burn it correctly) and it worked perfectly. Used Memorex DL.

Is the east on this server, correct now? The rar files seems to say 3.4gb, even compressed that is STILL too small. Winrar doesn't compress past (or even close) to half the file size...so I think the EAST one is still incorrect on this server.

Chalk up another successful download/installation. Took a few times of downloading to get a complete copy that would unzip with errors, but I got em.

Burned with Nero 7 at 2.4X. Took damn near an hour per disc. But finished without errors and updated D3 without a hitch. This upgrade does erase all your backgrounds and resets SOME BUT NOT ALL of your personal settings. (Beep volume was reset. Saved destinations, EQ settings, button color, background color, etc were not changed)

EDIT: And I made the torrent I said I was going to. Will be seeding for the next few days solid.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4440547 ... DV-80MT_(2

Not sure if anything has changed, but the .rar that I downloaded from THIS server for EAST was incorrect. Unrared it was around 4 gigs, which is incorrect. I downloaded the torrent version which unrared is around 7.41gb, burned it with Nero 9 (Magic Iso apparently didn't want to burn it correctly) and it worked perfectly. Used Memorex DL.

Is the east on this server, correct now? The rar files seems to say 3.4gb, even compressed that is STILL too small. Winrar doesn't compress past (or even close) to half the file size...so I think the EAST one is still incorrect on this server.

Always been the correct files.

I dowloaded the zip file from the ftp server a week ago but only today was I able to test it (I had to wait for some blank Dual Layer Memorex DVDs to arrive in the mail). It works great! Scared the hell out of me when the screen went black for about 20 seconds but then it said "Updating" and a progress bar ran thru to 100% and then the unit rebooted.

After it came back up it now says Pioneer 5/2008 on the boot up screen. THis is for Avic-D3

I used "7-zip" to unzip the file. Then I used "DVD-Decrypter" to write the iso image to a dual layer dvd+r Memorex brand at 4x

Much thanks to the uploader and the person who hosted this file on their ftp server.

You Rock!!

• 3 weeks later...