• East & West
    • Nope

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a lightscribe dvd+-writter/ cd writter. Will this work for burning onto a dual layer dvd?? from what I'm reading on the net lightscribe and dual layer are different???

thanks

G

Yes, lightscribe and duel layer are two different things, but your burner should work for the avic disc.

regards

~Marc

Ok, so another question regarding the east disc. I copied it (version from this forum) burned it with imgburn, and verified the disc. Everything went perfect, EXCEPT when i put it in the avic-n3, it said "read error" Anyone else have this problem? My other copy of the disc said "please insert appropiate disc" So, both copies are giving me some kind of problem. If anyone has any input, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just wait til 2009 and buy the discs :-). Thanks!

Anyone know the answer to the following scenerio?

I was able to burn the iso and it seemed to update fine in my D3 (ie said "update completed" and showed the correct version) and the navigation even worked for a while, then all of a sudden I got the "insert appropriate disk" message. I've tried different brands of disks and burn programs at different speeds. Still nothing, in fact, it seems like the more disks I try the worse it gets. My question is once it says it has updated completely and you start getting the above message are you pretty much screwed and have to downgrade to the original disk and start over with a new update, or will getting a good working disk solve all the problems? I am waiting on a remote right now so I can downgrade because I am tired on buring disks and I have pushed to reset button so much I am afraid it might get stuck or stop working. If anyone has had the above scenerio occur and eventually get the navigation to work please help me out.

I have a lightscribe dvd+-writter/ cd writter. Will this work for burning onto a dual layer dvd?? from what I'm reading on the net lightscribe and dual layer are different???

thanks

G

Lightscribe is a technology that allows your burner to also put an image or text on the top side of the disc, if you of course have light scribe disc. I use lightscribe disc for things like Proposals I send to clients instead of writing on it with a sharpie. A Dual Layer disc has 2 layers that information is written on the disc. I am not sure if their are DL lightscribe disc but your burner should be able to burn Dual Layer disc

i had the same problem as you described above, my d3 also turned black with an error message: DVD ROM has problems. But all that went away after I used the memorex disc.

I tried both memorex and verbatim. I wonder if the write speed of the disk matters? Both brands I used were 2.4X. Maybe I should try the 8X; any thoughts? Did anybody get any brand of 2.4X speed disks to work?

Anyone know the answer to the following scenerio?

I was able to burn the iso and it seemed to update fine in my D3 (ie said "update completed" and showed the correct version) and the navigation even worked for a while, then all of a sudden I got the "insert appropriate disk" message. I've tried different brands of disks and burn programs at different speeds. Still nothing, in fact, it seems like the more disks I try the worse it gets. My question is once it says it has updated completely and you start getting the above message are you pretty much screwed and have to downgrade to the original disk and start over with a new update, or will getting a good working disk solve all the problems? I am waiting on a remote right now so I can downgrade because I am tired on buring disks and I have pushed to reset button so much I am afraid it might get stuck or stop working. If anyone has had the above scenerio occur and eventually get the navigation to work please help me out.

I finally fixed my GPS after ordering the CD-R22 remote and following the downgrade instructions. The only thing I would add to the instructions is that there is a switch on the right of the remote that changes the function from DVD to TV to AVH; you have to have the AVH function selected in order to put the password in since the numbers won't work otherwise. You will know the numbers are being entered because it will make a beeping sound with each number.

So, i am just giving everyone an FYI about the cndv 80 disc. After using about 3 discs, i FINALLY got it to work. I ended up using a memorex dl disc. However, when i burned it with imgburn, it did NOT work. I then tried with Nero 7, burned it, verified it (verification of files FAILED!!!), but that disc still worked to upgrade the system and everything looks fine. So, i guess in short, i would recommend using NERO over imgburn. Just thought i'd share my failure/sucess story. Good luck!