AVIC411.com

LeetLauncher v3.0!!!

Will you be able to use fm/am radio with this new launcher? Sorry in advance if I missed this.

xm radio/fm/am/ipod will not be supported yet. There are still problem with the audio video running alongside with leetlauncher. Once i figured out why, the LeetLauncher will be fully integrated with the pioneer deck.

You could probably hack your iPod using Rockbox though, and then it would likely just mount as a USB mass storage device and the launcher would hopefully understand the content and just work.

This has the added the added benefit of no longer needing to use the horror that is iTunes in favor of an opensource player on your PC. just drag and drop mp3's onto the iPod in HD mode and then rockbox is able to play them :) So stupid XML database crap on the iPod to deal with.

I think the biggest loss is the AM/FM/HD radio. I do most of my listening to a HD radio station for news while I drive, only occasionally switching to music from my ipod.

I'm guessing this player will not have VR search for songs/albums/artists and voice dialing? That would be an unfortunate loss too.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe I dont mind iTunes - Everything I own except my AVIC is mac based now :)

yeah, but iTunes is horrible bloatware. The only reason for it to exist is so that Apple can make it easy for you to access their store and buy music...

They inconvenience their customers so they can't just drag and drop music onto their players but need enormous 200mb bloatware in order to sync, just so they can make an extra buck, when it would have been both easier, less costly, and a much more sleek solution to just drag and drop music onto a mass storage device mounted as a drive.

Even if I didn't mind iTunes it would offend me on principle :P

mattlach, I was tired of iTunes myself and after reading your post about Rockbox got exicited and put it on my Ipod.

Well factory firmware does not recognizes it and says unsuported Ipod.

I was hopeing I would be able to use it as a USB and just drag folders to it and it would work.

It still tries to see it as Ipod and then craps out.

Well it was worth a try.

Did I mention I hate iTunes. Let me manage my music the way I want.

mattlach, I was tired of iTunes myself and after reading your post about Rockbox got exicited and put it on my Ipod.

I was hopeing I would be able to use it as a USB and just drag folders to it and it would work.

Well it was worth a try.

PM me if you want help trouble shooting it. I don't want to contribute any more than I have to the scope creep of this thread.

I have seen Rockbox in action (though have not used it on my own, as I got the iPod specifically for the AVIC F series and voice commands require the factory firmware). I'm not quite sure what you mean by "factory firmware does not recognize it" Do you mean the F series head unit? That I can not speak to, but it ought to see it just like a mass storage device, similar to attaching a large flash drive to the USB port...

leetcoder first of, My god man thanks for taking the time to do all this. I just ordered a f90bt even after reading many negative reviews on the F-line but then i found the mods/hack page here. I Started reading up on the options and thats when i found this post.

It changed my mind and i ordered one up.

Not sure yet if ill use your launcher since i do love my Sat Radio. I listen to it (90%) of the time in the car, not sure if i can give that up. If you get that up and running ill be using your launcher for sure, and ill send ya some cash or 2 case's of beer (i live next to sierra nevada brewery) your choice. Thanks for making this available to all of us, shows that you have a good character.

godspeed on finding what ever it is you need, i feel like a idiot around computers and code....

zoolander.jpg

Thanks mattlach, I am good with ipod. You can just uninstall the Rockbox bootlooder and that brings the ipod back to the way it was. It does not change the Ipod in any way. Just the frontend. After installing Rockbox all me music was still there and returned it back to Ipod Firmware by uninstalling the bootlooder in less than a Sec.

If it was'nt for AVIC I would have left it there.

By factory firmware I do mean AVIC will not recognize it.

No harm done, but tell you what, it was worth a try

Thanks

Well it was worth a try.

You have to boot Rockbox with the USB cable attached. That will put it into USB Mass Storage Mode (it will say so on the iPod screen), then it will show up like a USB thumb drive on the AVIC. At least that's the way it is for my Toshiba Gigabeat, I think it would be the same for the iPod.

I may get flamed... but I can't read all 28 pages...

Is this launcher stable? What works? What doesn't work? What *sort of* works? Will my bluetooth phone still work? (As if I'd call it "working" the way Pioneer has it set up anyway...) How about FM, XM, MSN Direct, etc? I see in one of the screenshots, there's a windows logo with TESTMODE on it... does this mean that we no longer need to boot from a SD card? Or... is this launcher RUN from an SD card? I'd hate to ask... but can someone give me a quick rundown?

The original post says "Updates 1/21/09" but the most recent post was just yesterday... So, what has happened in the last three months?

I just bought and installed an F90bt 3 days ago... so I've got a lot to catch up on.

Thanks!

I may get flamed... but I can't read all 28 pages...

Is this launcher stable? What works? What doesn't work? What *sort of* works? Will my bluetooth phone still work? (As if I'd call it "working" the way Pioneer has it set up anyway...) How about FM, XM, MSN Direct, etc? I see in one of the screenshots, there's a windows logo with TESTMODE on it... does this mean that we no longer need to boot from a SD card? Or... is this launcher RUN from an SD card? I'd hate to ask... but can someone give me a quick rundown?

The original post says "Updates 1/21/09" but the most recent post was just yesterday... So, what has happened in the last three months?

I just bought and installed an F90bt 3 days ago... so I've got a lot to catch up on.

Thanks!

Yes it works, no bluetooth does not work, yes all other audio options work except SD since your using that to boot this software. Yes its run from SD card that would have your Nav software on it too.

leetcoder,

You are brilliant! I think Pioneer should give you a $1,000,000 bonus for saving the avic f series.

I've heard (or read) about so many people stating that they only bought an avic f-xx after seeing this forum and your launcher.

Thank you for giving us the best-est software/launcher ever!

You did what all of Pioneer couldn't!

forever grateful,

infochia

Hello Dear friends,

this software is amazing Pioneer is 10 years behind you with original software. It is like a dream but even better.

Anyway,

did have anybody problems to check the maps in GARMIN, GARMIN sw. close down by it self ( and go to Windows CE) if I try to check the installed maps in Garmin, but navigation working perfect!!

Thanks a lot for a very very good work! :D

Now the Pioneer navigation is become usable!!! :mrgreen:

Greetings from Slovenia!