AVIC411.com

Back Up Cameras

hey silveradojim, im guessing you also have a silverado. I have purchased a small camera and am thinking about putting it in the tailgate protector lip thing. There is already a good angle on it. i think it will give me a good view of my hitch and far enough beyond that to be useful. im not sure when im gunna be able to install it but when i do ill let ya know. I was also thinking about installing it in the tailgate handle bezel, but then im afraid i wont be able to see close enough behind the truck.
[quote name="silveradojeff"]hey silveradojim, im guessing you also have a silverado. I have purchased a small camera and am thinking about putting it in the tailgate protector lip thing. There is already a good angle on it. i think it will give me a good view of my hitch and far enough beyond that to be useful. im not sure when im gunna be able to install it but when i do ill let ya know. I was also thinking about installing it in the tailgate handle bezel, but then im afraid i wont be able to see close enough behind the truck.[/quote]

Let me know how it goes. I'm guessing that you got a camera that goes in from the front? I don't see a way of getting to the back of (inside) the tailgate to put on a rear plate or bezel. Have you solved that part of the equation? If so, what camera are you using and where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?
this is the camera i got
[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mini-Normal-View-Infrared-Night-Vision-Car-Camera-NTSC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQihZ005QQitemZ150026701122]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mini-Nor ... 0026701122[/url]
actually that is a normal view camera i got the reverse image cam. but its this short one that i wanted for the tight spaces im thinking of mounting it.