AVIC411.com

Anyone Do Me A Favor? Need A File From The Avic

So I have a HTC Touch with WM6 and it sync's up nicely with my f90bt. But, I cannot transfer my contacts over. Total bummer...and what I want to do is find someone willing to copy their file from their Avic and send it to me so I can edit it, place my contacts in it using SQLite and then put it on my unit so I can have my contacts on there. I can't remember the exact location the file comes from on the Avic, but I do know that it is a .db file. Anyone help me out?

If your worried about me getting your numbers or anything, just edit the file and xxxxxxxxxx your numbers. I just need to know how the format looks so i can do it with my contacts. Thanks

Well, the file is named PhoneBook.db and is located in USER\UserData\PHONEDATA directory on the AVIC. Seems that it strips leading zeros from the MAC address.

I would imagine that if you have paired the phone and at least attempted to transfer contacts, a blank file might be there.

Just grab the one you have on your unit and enter your contacts in it. If you have already paired your phone to the unit, the contacts database WILL be there, just empty.

This is what the sql editor interface looks like

phonebookedit.jpgAnd here is the info you need to enter for each contact:

ID = order in which they are displayed on the contacts list (basically 1,2,3,4,5,etc. in order, has no effect on the actual display of the contacts on the unit)

chShowName = name of contact (you can use the same name for more than 1 entry as long as each has a different "dwType" entry)

chPhoneCode = phone number

dwType = type of contact (1=home, 2=work, 3=mobile)

Just grab the one you have on your unit and enter your contacts in it. If you have already paired your phone to the unit, the contacts database WILL be there, just empty.

This is what the sql editor interface looks like

phonebookedit.jpgAnd here is the info you need to enter for each contact:

ID = order in which they are displayed on the contacts list (basically 1,2,3,4,5,etc. in order, has no effect on the actual display of the contacts on the unit)

chShowName = name of contact (you can use the same name for more than 1 entry as long as each has a different "dwType" entry)

chPhoneCode = phone number

dwType = type of contact (1=home, 2=work, 3=mobile)

*Jump's up, run out to car to get empty file.*

BRB, will give that a try.

So just went out to the car, popped in SD to boot up in test mode like normal, well music started playing right before the copy screen came up. Play from CD cause I was tuning my subs from music on cd last time i had avic regularly booted up.

Just thought it was odd that CD played in test mode, volume knob worked, even the skip song by pushing left or right, worked.

Got em all done, once bluetooth connected, clicked contacts and they came up. "contact name (M)" or "contact name (H)" was a really good idea too, so now I know what phone number I'm calling.

So I got my contacts working, basis of modding the unit, VSS hooked up, now all that leaves is that reverse wire. I'm not sure which wire on the tail light it goes to, so I didn't run it back there. It's hooked up to the back of the radio, but the other end is just rolled up under the carpet on the passenger side. So what does having that hooked up do anyway? I would assume make the back up camera come up when in reverse, maybe help Nav a liittle...anything else? Or would I even notice a difference with it hooked up vs. unhooked [without back up camera that is]?