AVIC411.com

Street Names for navigation

Hmmm... I recall that original firmware upgrade that Pioneer released would sometimes result in TTS voices disappearing. If you have used downloaded update, get it again from Pioneer and follow instructions they have there to install TTS voices...

Not quite sure, but I think it also depends on a distance to turn and how tricky it is. Fr me, she often says something like "second turn left" when it is close, and saying the street name would take too long...

You're welcome. I don't think there are any more options (at least in the GUI we god... it could be configurable somewhere else) to control announcements.

iGO generally tries to be very smart, and sometimes even succeedes :)

Is it me or is Samanth's voice too robotic? My portable Garmin has great voices...this is VERY disappointing to know that the TTS feature, which was one of the MAIN reason I purchased this unit, is almost useless.

Do you think we'll get better voices the next upgrade?

Is it me or is Samanth's voice too robotic? My portable Garmin has great voices...this is VERY disappointing to know that the TTS feature, which was one of the MAIN reason I purchased this unit, is almost useless.

Do you think we'll get better voices the next upgrade?

Yes, it is way too robotic. I'm not sure if it can be fixed with just a new voice or if its a flaw in the iGo application