AVIC411.com

navi problem and ipod hookup not working

ok so i spend the day installing the avic z2, everything went well except for the fact that the ipod cable that i had bought does not seem to read my ipod, has anyone had any issues with this or could help me out.

also i did the 2-wire bypass and i get all the features now but for some reason its not reading the maps, its stuck on my current location and does not want to tell me where i am at, i did not download the files and was wondering if that could be the issue. could it be that i never spliced into the vss wire??

and one last problem is that my service engine soon light had come on after the instal.. any idea of why it might have come on.

Thanks

What ipod adapter are you using? if your not using the CD-IB100II then thats your issue. The high speed cable from the D3 will not work with the Z2/3.

What vehicle is it installed in? YMM? what all did you have to remove / disconnect to get the factory radio out?

Did you connect the GPS antenna? if not that is why its not updating also if you dont have good satellite reception then you need to relocate it. You can check thins in the harware screen.

i installed it in my 2006 350Z, i just went to best buy and picked up the pioneer ipod cable for pioneer that fits into the port in the back of the radio it has 3 square corners and then one curved corner which if i remember correctly.. fits into that bus port. it just doesnt want to even connect my ipod to the radio.. the cable does nothing

I am going to try and move the antenna because i believe that might be the issue with it

Also to add to waht Garrett said you will need to search the infiniti forum. I know theres a way to reset the service engine soon light by cycling the ignition. my co worker did it on my bosses G35 a few days ago. Not sure exactly what he did though.

well i went up to best buy today since my buddy use to work there and they gave me the cd-Ib100II but i need to get the ip-bus cable, which i was wondering who sells that, and do i need to use the power supply spot on it? since this is the older version for the ipod im a little confused with it. So they just gave me the black box.

they also took care of my check engine light, they just cleared the code, but if it comes back up ill just take it to a dealer since its still under warranty.

the ib100II is connected just as you said... its 3 square corners and one rounded... there *should* be a cable that comes with it that is identical on both ends... plug one into each end, obviously. then, you have to run power (yellow) and ground (blk).. and it should work.

and also your service engine light may have come on if you disconnected something with the airbags... a plug or something like that. i dont know how the 350z is, but it could be your problem.

and VSS really isn't necessary. it just tracks your speed when you lose GPS signal. so yeah relocate your antenna. i find it works better OUTSIDE the car, not the ghetto dash mount.

what do you mean.. the people at best buy just gave me that black box with the ipod connecting wire that comes out of it, i have to get the other cables for it, i know i need the ip-bus cable but not sure where to get it from but do i also need the power supply cable as well?

Your local car stereo shop should have them. But they should have came with them. If they didnt give them to you you need to go back and demand the rest of the parts. Its not fair to you to try and track down these parts.

Speed Sense BLUE (AC) AT A/C AMPLIFIER UNDER RADIO IN DASH

ALSO VIOLET OR WHITE/GREEN AT PASSENGER SEAT HARNESS

You will want to hook up VSS or the Nav will be blotchy and the arrow will jump every time the Sat antenna pings the satellite.

I have my antenna mounted in the dash on the little metal square that came with it. the only thing on top of it plastic NO METAL wich works great for me. I have installed about 200 NAV units and never had a problem mounting it there. SAT Radio is a little more touchy though.

well they gave me it for free, and just told me i needed to get the wires so im not really complaining. the arrow is not jumpy at all but if i ever does then i will end up tapping into the vss

also early today i burned those files to a disc using nero software from a pc as an image and put it in and it took a minute and then when i clicked on maps it said the maps have already been updated, so i reset it and it worked for about 10 minutes and then locked me out again, should i try re-burning it?

you guys have been very helpful.. thanks a lot!!!