AVIC411.com

Steering Control Module Help - PLEASE!!!

Ok, I got everything working except this. It works right after programming, then after I turn the truck off, I turn it back on, and it doesn't seem to save anything except the Mute button. We tried reprogramming it about 10 times, following the instructions (Peripheral brand: PESWIPS) carefully each time. It took the programming perfectly each time, but just won't save after powering off. The instructions do not say it needs a constant 12V source, it specifically states " a switched 12V" source. I am working with a 2007 Avalanche. Anyone else have similar issues? If so, were you able to resolve this? If yes, how? Please help!!! Thanks all!!!

Love this site!!!!

I had a similar issue in my A3 -- PES/PAC adapter would eithr not program at all or would ignore all programming and just keep increasing volume all the way up.

We tried a couple different ones, but in the end I just said to hell with it and went with a SoundGate unit. It is more expensive, but it is a) one box, B) it also provides VSS and other outputs, and c) it actually works with my car...

Well get this, I just got back from lunch, and on the drive back, the controls worked fine. They're hit & miss. The ATT/MUTE button function always works, but this time the volume +/- and track +/- worked too. It probably won't work later when I leave my office. Sucks because they don't offer a remote control for this unit, so I was looking forward to retaining my wheel controls.

Ok a few questions

Did you use a Onstar/Gm Lan Retention module?

On all 07 and up GM full size trucks you need to use it because the SW controls run off the Gm lan setup and the truck dosent like it otherwise.Ive seen issues where even the Wipers go off on there own !

If you have BOSE "it will say bose on the Tweeters on the A pillars"

YOu need to use a GMLANB from peripheral electronics.

If you have non bose use a gmlan module.

On both it will give you a 12V switched line And also give you a seperate wire Labeled SW control Only.

USe that green wire and hook up the green wire from your PESWIPS.leave the brown and Purple wires uncut And DONT USE ANY OTHER WIRE ON THE PESWIPS,The black is ground the red is 12v switched,and Set your PESWIPS to mode 2.

To set it to Mode 2 When you Plug in your PESWIPS HOLD DOWN THE BUTTON ON ITS SIDE and switch the truck on while holding.

The light on it will go on and then when its on release the button and the light will go out.

then press the button 2 times and wait

It will flash 2 times and then go out.

turn truck off.

Now your ready to programm

Turn truck on and the peswips will flash 2 times

Push the Button on its side 1 time and relase the light will stay lit

when its lit go to your VOL + and press it 1 time the light on the peswips will blink one time then do your vol - then track up track down Mute Source and if you want to skip any function just press the button on side of PESWIPS and it will blink 2 times

Hope that helps

Ive done that exact setup on the same truck 9 times this month and havent had 1 single problem.Very easy install when you use the correct parts,The modules are expensive but worth every penny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Ok a few questions

Did you use a Onstar/Gm Lan Retention module?

On all 07 and up GM full size trucks you need to use it because the SW controls run off the Gm lan setup and the truck dosent like it otherwise.Ive seen issues where even the Wipers go off on there own !

If you have BOSE "it will say bose on the Tweeters on the A pillars"

YOu need to use a GMLANB from peripheral electronics.

If you have non bose use a gmlan module.

On both it will give you a 12V switched line And also give you a seperate wire Labeled SW control Only.

USe that green wire and hook up the green wire from your PESWIPS.leave the brown and Purple wires uncut And DONT USE ANY OTHER WIRE ON THE PESWIPS,The black is ground the red is 12v switched,and Set your PESWIPS to mode 2.

To set it to Mode 2 When you Plug in your PESWIPS HOLD DOWN THE BUTTON ON ITS SIDE and switch the truck on while holding.

The light on it will go on and then when its on release the button and the light will go out.

then press the button 2 times and wait

It will flash 2 times and then go out.

turn truck off.

Now your ready to programm

Turn truck on and the peswips will flash 2 times

Push the Button on its side 1 time and relase the light will stay lit

when its lit go to your VOL + and press it 1 time the light on the peswips will blink one time then do your vol - then track up track down Mute Source and if you want to skip any function just press the button on side of PESWIPS and it will blink 2 times

Hope that helps

Ive done that exact setup on the same truck 9 times this month and havent had 1 single problem.Very easy install when you use the correct parts,The modules are expensive but worth every penny.

crtlv, thank you!!!! I took your directions to the Bestbuy installer who did my 07 Avalanche and it worked perfectly. He did the PESWIPS the other day per instructions and it would work periodically if at all. He commented that without your instructions he would have had no idea. Anybody with the Avy having problems I suggest you do crtlv instructions. Thanks again.

What module would I need to keep the steering wheel controls and the retained accessory power for an 08 Corvette with Onstar and Bose?

The Module used on all 2007 to present Gm's

The gmlanb is what is out

Peripheral has a new GMAHL1 Wich retains the RAP and also gives you VSS and P brake/reverse all at the factory HU wire side.

heres the link to the details on the unit from there site

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com?ProductId=384

Its a slick piece and i can say does solve alot of the problems some users are having on the GM vehicles.

Note that it does retain your factory XM but only on the rear Audio jacks,so keep that in mind as well.

Any idea if your solution would work for a

PAC SWI-PS ?

Im talking about the solution you posted here.

I have a GMC ENVOY XL 2003 BOSE AND ONSTAR.

And I'm having a very similar issue with the SWI-PS. Also I have a PAC module for interfacing the F90BT

Thanks a lto

Alejandro

Yes this soloution will work as well.

One of the things i have noticed with the interfacing of these pac/PIE units is that you need to take YOUR TIME.

Be deliberate with your programming,go thru it and dry run the programming before you start and be sure that the features you want to work are available on the steering wheel to begin with.

Sometimes you cant have both seek and track preset because you only have a up and down arrow on your steering wheel.So you do have to make a concession and give one of the 2 up.

On the newer GMS ive had no issues at all using this setup and also on nissans and toyotas as well.Ive been 100/100 and cant complain on its opertation.Does it lag a smige,Yeah but it does work and do what i want it to.

Hope that helps and if your in the vegas area let me know ill help ya out free of charge!

What module would I need to keep the steering wheel controls and the retained accessory power for an 08 Corvette with Onstar and Bose?

The Module used on all 2007 to present Gm's

The gmlanb is what is out

Peripheral has a new GMAHL1 Wich retains the RAP and also gives you VSS and P brake/reverse all at the factory HU wire side.

heres the link to the details on the unit from there site

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com?ProductId=384

Its a slick piece and i can say does solve alot of the problems some users are having on the GM vehicles.

Note that it does retain your factory XM but only on the rear Audio jacks,so keep that in mind as well.... snip

Thanks for the lead. In looking at the instructions PDF, it doesn't look as thought the piece will work for my Corvette. It certainly doesn't have rear seat audio jacks.

I seem to recall the bus on the Vette is an older, almost orphan system. They didn't even offer a Bluetooth option until 09. It would be great if I could use the stock XM receiver in the car.