AVIC411.com

Please Help. Best Buy Bad Wiring????

Hey Guys.

I have been reading the post on here for a few days. I just got a D3 and had the guys at best buy install it. I ask them to do the bypass and they said "They might" so I assumed that meant they would.

After the install I think they have done something wrong. When the car is in park none of the features work... as if the car is moving. When I push in the parking brake, all the features become available. This seems totally wrong to me. It would not bother me that much but when I start rolling the car door bell rings so much, because the parking break is engaged, that I cant even hear the dvd. This totally defeats the purpose of the bypass Does anyone know what they did wrong? And how to fix it?

I think what they did is way wrong because I can’t even watch a DVD without the parking break engaged even if I’m stopped and in park???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thank you for responding....

If this is the correct way to install it, why are all the features blocked out when I am stopped and in park???

All nav systems work when the car is stopped and/or in park. This is just the opposite. I have to push in the parking break any time I want to input an address. I can input the address driving or stopped as long as the parking break is in, but I know that if this thing was installed correctly, I should not have to push in the parking break every time they I enter an address in the nav menu????

When I drop below 15mph or stop my features should come back right???? because mine doest not…

Thanks Again

Thanks again for the reply.

When I am in park and the parking break is off, nothing works. Everything is blacked out.

Then when I am in park and apply the parking break all the featured become available. I can not do anything with this unit unless the parking break is on.

I think they tried to do the bypass but didn’t do something right, just my thoughts.

Thanks

No, they did not do anything wrong. This is exactly how the unit is meant to work, along with pretty much every other nav/DVD unit on the market. Video, navigation functions, etc. are not available to use unless the parking brake is engaged because of legal reasons. Yes, if every automobile on the market had an automatic transmission they could possibly make it so it looks for the PARK signal from the transmission, but cars are also available with manual transmissions, which do not have PARK like automatics do. So the parking brake switch has to be used.

Again, they did absolutely nothing wrong, this is exactly how the unit is supposed to perform when installed correctly. If you do not want this to happen you will need to bypass the unit. Instructions for doing that are in one of the 3 or 4 sticky topics at the top of this board.

Wow!! Thank you for the information. That makes since.

This is the 1st aftermarket nav system I have owned. I have had 4 different vehicles that all have factory nav systems, and I have never had to push in the parking break to make anything work. All of the others, 3 GM vehicles and 1 Dodge vehicle, started working as soon as the vehicle came to a stop or was in park. Thank you for the information. I will work on the bypass now.

Wow!! Thank you for the information. That makes since.

This is the 1st aftermarket nav system I have owned. I have had 4 different vehicles that all have factory nav systems, and I have never had to push in the parking break to make anything work. All of the others, 3 GM vehicles and 1 Dodge vehicle, started working as soon as the vehicle came to a stop or was in park. Thank you for the information. I will work on the bypass now.

That is because the radio was adapted to work like that. If Pioneer sold a separate unit for every make, model, and transmission then they could do that but since they have a few models that will work in a variety of cars they can not do that

the bypass for the D3 is not hard to do, you just have to get the radio out... there's tutorials on the forum about this...

and hifisi is right, the fact that it is in park means nothing. the e-brake has to be up, it's the only way for the radio to "notice."

and it's not true that installers wont do the bypass. you gotta sweet talk them... and pay them.

the bypass for the D3 is not hard to do, you just have to get the radio out... there's tutorials on the forum about this...

and hifisi is right, the fact that it is in park means nothing. the e-brake has to be up, it's the only way for the radio to "notice."

and it's not true that installers wont do the bypass. you gotta sweet talk them... and pay them.

In general though most installers that work at places like Worst Buy and what not will not do the bypass for you

In general though most installers that work at places like Worst Buy and what not will not do the bypass for you

They will however...if you talk them into just doing the install as a "sidejob."

Through him a few bucks and it's done with.

As a higher up in Best Buy... I will tell you that most of the techs will not bypass the system for you at the store. On that note.. If you had them install the unit and they did not run the bypass the will most likely cancel the warrenty on there work performed. Not sure what area you are from or what Best Buy did the work but that is a company wide policy.

Doing the bypass yourself is easy and takes 5 min of your time to complete. R6-RIDER "No Comment to side job" : )