AVIC411.com

F700 pico fuse fix (internal pics)

Wow, that is one hell of a nice camera, I never seen so much detail for such a small sized comonent, what is it?

Oh yeah nice posto n the internals and pico fuse, very cool. Very helpful for those who break it and dont want to go withotu a stereo for weeks and a repair bill when it goes out of warranty in a few months for those of us who ar eearly adoptors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

hey i know this is an old post but glad i found it when i was searching and i just wanted to say thanks on the pixs i tired to find a 1ohm resistor and the one we need is special order item so i said blah and just did the wire method and boy oh boy the noise is gone ....

i would like to state tho that my pico fuse wasnt damage to the degree yours was but i had the symptoms of a blown pico fuse i was a little hesitant to do it but i am glad i did and i am ordering me the eq like yours if i can trust you to preform surgery on my radio i can trust u on the eq too lol

• 4 months later...

Hello, I FINALLY found the answer to my problem I believe !

I do have a quick question tho.... It looks like there is more than one pico fuse? Are there 2 or 3? I guess I just want to make sure that when I open my unit that I get them all bypassed at once, rather than having to take the unit back out again if I didn't bypass the correct one.

Thank you !

• 6 months later...

Hello, I FINALLY found the answer to my problem I believe !

I do have a quick question tho.... It looks like there is more than one pico fuse? Are there 2 or 3? I guess I just want to make sure that when I open my unit that I get them all bypassed at once, rather than having to take the unit back out again if I didn't bypass the correct one.

Thank you !

Yes, sometimes there are more than one pico fuse. Usually they will all be labled the same on the circuit board (FU####). Rather than bypassing protection, a post on DIY Mobile Audio forums suggested running leads though the back of the unit and wiring in a 1A fuse that you can replace should it blow again. Keep the protection and the ability to change out a blown fuse in the future. Source Link: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/469640-post156.html

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...