AVIC411.com

Something I noticed in the Installation Guide

ok. That leads me to my next question. Does the 700 black out the video input when the car is in motion? I will be using the rear RCA video input

while the car is moving.

And why would anyone hook that wire up if all it does is disable the DVD when the car is in motion?

Right...? so this leads me back to my first question. does the 700 not have that input? my old Kenwood nav has one for that reason and it makes a night and day difference in position and speed accuracy.

That might be a reason to go with the 900 or 90.

No clue. I have the 700, no VSS wire hooked up, and the gps is still spot on. I doubt it has to do with the DVD playback, since 700 can still play iPod video. I also remember rumors back when the unit released that the 900 and 90 have gyros and the 700 doesn't. Whether the truth of the matter has been confirmed or not is beyond me.

So are y'all ready for this fresh steamy pile of bull poo poo I got from Pioneer?

"The F700 has a more accurate GPS than the F900 or F90. It uses LIKE 5 or 6 sats to get its position instead of 2 or 3 in the F900 or 90. So the F700 does not require the VSS signal and DOES NOT have the input for it".

Really? So the F900 and F90 are pieces of crap. Everyone got that? I don't think so. Oh yeah, and this was after sitting on hold for 10 mins for him to research the answer.

There is no difference between the sat inputs. The GPS chip is the same!

I really bet that cable is just to confirm the car is moving for the DVD.

I say this because if you disconnect your GPS how does the unit know you go over a certain speed. Since the 700 can't play DVD's it doesn't need the cable.

I believe the f900 has the VSS wire for more accurancy when you go through tunnels or in the City with Tall buildings, where you might lose the Sat Signal.

The Lazy people at the install shop didn't connect it up on my system and my F900 is still very accurate, but I'm yet to go through any tunnels or loose Sat signal to see if it can still track me without it being connected.

I installed my 90bt today and it's fantastic. I didn't install the VSS either and it still works amazingly.

I was outside with a signal then drove into my works underground carpark and it could still follow me around in it where there was no signal.

Pretty impressive indeed.