AVIC411.com

best resolution, frame rate, etc... for f700bt

tacoavic, search it up, you'll find it...

As far as videos go, definately play them off Ipod, I've noticed that playing off the SD just makes the unit very sluggish. Video format wise it is different for the ipod and the sd. And the manual's appendix talks about the formats to use. Or search on this forum and you'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching a bit and this was the closest thing I could find to the question I was going to ask. The only thing I'm curious about, does the video you play from your iPod utilize the whole screen of the avic? Or is it just a portion.

I'm pondering buying an iPod but wasn't sure about how that really works. I mean I have a ton of video conversion software, but didn't know if the iTunes software converts the video for you... orrrr if the avic just auto fits the video. Sorry if it's been asked before.

I used to use a usb drive and it is very laggy sometimes so i just bought an ipod video 30 gig. i have a program called ImToo which will convert the videos automatically. it has many settings for you to choose 320x240 or 640x480. i'd recommend h.264 also. there is a border because of the widescreen setting but not too much.

Nice, that's just the info I was looking for. I have the ImToo also so that works out good. All I need is the iPod which will be here soon :) I tried the USB too.. man that was worthless.. lag city there. I did notice the SD Card was MUCH better than the USB, but I want something with a ton more memory.

Thanks for the help!

After countless hours of tweaking and some advise Crome the forum I found the right combination for flawless video playback of the sd.To the point that I only and prefer to watch movies of the sd.I'm not sure of the settings but I'll check them and post them.

After countless hours of tweaking and some advise Crome the forum I found the right combination for flawless video playback of the sd.To the point that I only and prefer to watch movies of the sd.I'm not sure of the settings but I'll check them and post them.

• 1 month later...