AVIC411.com

iPod vs SD

I purchased the $50 cable for my iphone so I use the ipod. I have a 4gb, btw. I found a 512MB SD card around the house and decided to throw a few CD's on there and try it out. It is awesome! I love using the SD Card, I kind of wish I didn't buy the cable and put the $50 towards a 16GB card. That would be so nice. I can put videos and everything on it.

But tell me, is there any difference between them? Like, what does the ipod feature that the SD card cannot have?

Any quality difference?

iPOD gives you voice control, will remember place in the song where you shut the unit down, and because AVIC lets the iPOD actually process video and audio, there would not be interruptions when the unit is thinking...

The number one reason I purchased the F90 was due to the SD card feature, second navigation. I have two 2GB, two 4GB, two 8GB, one 16GB and one 32GB SD Card collection that I keep in a carrying case all fully loaded with music.

I've gone from a 50 spingle CD/DVD MP3 collection and a spotty ipod fm transmitter to a SD Card collection. I still use my ipod on those long road trips though.

The biggest difference is the ipod's ability to browse through the songs by album, genre, artist, etc. as well as use playlists. With the SD card, it's either random play or in the order you have them on the card. The ipod is much, much more user friendly.

Well, you just need to know how to organize everything. For me, I am a neat freak and everything needs to be perfect so I made folders for every band, then you go into that and its the album name and then u click that and all the songs pop up. I pretty much made it like an ipod just you can search genre and playlists but I don't care for either one of them. I just like the fact I don't need to keep taking the iphone out of my pocket each time I get it and out of the car. It's awesome.

I am going to purchase a 16GB soon.

If I put a video onto the card, while driving, can I watch the movie still? Music videos would come in handy with this.

If I put a video onto the card, while driving, can I watch the movie still? Music videos woud come in handy with this.

Yes (provided that the unit is bypassed) you will be able to watch video while the vehicle is in motion.

The biggest difference is the ipod's ability to browse through the songs by album, genre, artist, etc. as well as use playlists. With the SD card, it's either random play or in the order you have them on the card. The ipod is much, much more user friendly.

Yea, its a shame they did it this way. I wish I knew about it ahead of time when I bought mine.