AVIC411.com

Testing Avic f90bt in my room. will this work??

I don't think 2A of DC output will be nearly enough to successfully power the unit at any kind of load. The AVIC has a max draw at 10A DC and your AC/DC adapter tops out at 2A. The worst that will probably happen though, is that your adapter will overheat and fry when the load builds up on it. It will probably allow the Avic to power up as it can operate at 12V, but the current draw will be too great for the adapter.

12V is right, but that adapter puts out 2A and if the f90bt can't handle 2A, you could easily fry something and make the unit worthless. I am sure all will be ok, but it's just something you may want to look into just to be sure.

Also, to power it correctly you will need to make sure you hook up the red [power wire] and the yellow [acc wire] wired to the positive of the plug; and the black [ground] to the negative of the plug. Sure you already knew that though.

I really don't see why you want to test it at home first off, no reason it shouldn't work...unless you just want to play with it before you take it to a shop to have it professionally installed if you aren't doing it yourself. Good luck, and don't fry it!