AVIC411.com

WELL.... It finally happened!!!!

As I walk to my car this moring, I see a few odd looking car parts and wires next to my car. As I walk closer and look in the window, angryly noticed that someone finally did it. They finally stole my AVIC Z-1. After taking a quick glance to see if anything else was stolen, I called the police. Yes they also took my bluetooth adapter and navtrafic receiver. They did leave the CD changer, game port, and other quite valuable items (I guess not valuable enough). So I filed a police report and the forensic fingerprinting unit came by to investigate. Besides minor damage to the dash, I guess they knew what they were only going for. Luckily, everything was insured and should be all replaced. Will I re-install it again....who knows. Most likely not at this present location of living. OH WELL!!!

P.S. I guess that is what happens when living in the New York area.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="hasher13"]As I walk to my car this moring, I see a few odd looking car parts and wires next to my car. As I walk closer and look in the window, angryly noticed that someone finally did it. They finally stole my AVIC Z-1. After taking a quick glance to see if anything else was stolen, I called the police. Yes they also took my bluetooth adapter and navtrafic receiver. They did leave the CD changer, game port, and other quite valuable items (I guess not valuable enough). So I filed a police report and the forensic fingerprinting unit came by to investigate. Besides minor damage to the dash, I guess they knew what they were only going for. Luckily, everything was insured and should be all replaced. Will I re-install it again....who knows. Most likely not at this present location of living. OH WELL!!!

P.S. I guess that is what happens when living in the New York area.[/quote]

See maybe you should e-mail pioneer about this! This is getting bad, we need some security features for a 2000 dollar unit, they have to address this. God Bless
I am very sorry for your loss. I used to live in Flushing Queens and those Bstards used to break into my car at least once every couple of months to see what they could get. They once broke my rear window and stole my rear parcel shelf that had my ADS plate speakers on it. It sucks that you work hard for stuff and some folks just aint worth the air they breath. Good luck with your next system......Steve
So I already wrote an email to Pioneer lets see if it starts a fire under their asses.

For Pasain NYC I live in the Staten Island/Brooklyn area!
What is up with the AVOX Mobile Jukebox 120GB "Mobile Tivo" How does that work. Maybe I will get that next time as well. And there will be a next time. I just have to think of a better security system. Maybe tear gas, that is triggered when the device tampered. Anyone know of any two way alarm systems that will notify by cell phone or pager if someone enters the car?

I other solution is to move. That seems the best and most likely at this time!!
[quote name="hasher13"]So I already wrote an email to Pioneer lets see if it starts a fire under their asses.

For Pasain NYC I live in the Staten Island/Brooklyn area!
What is up with the AVOX Mobile Jukebox 120GB "Mobile Tivo" How does that work. Maybe I will get that next time as well. And there will be a next time. I just have to think of a better security system. Maybe tear gas, that is triggered when the device tampered. Anyone know of any two way alarm systems that will notify by cell phone or pager if someone enters the car?

I other solution is to move. That seems the best and most likely at this time!![/quote]

These guys make some great stuff but it aint cheap: [url=http://www.directed.com/security/viper/viper_thatcham.asp]http://www.directed.com/security/viper/ ... atcham.asp[/url]
I had this installed and its great if installed right.... you get a notification to the remote with vibrate and beeping if your car is being broken in to.. I have tested it and it works about to a little over a quater of a mile.... My Truck is never that far from me.. I live in Houston, Tx and hell you can park at a restrurant and they will steal your stuff.... not anymore though..
[quote name="dwhitley0381"]I had this installed and its great if installed right.... you get a notification to the remote with vibrate and beeping if your car is being broken in to.. I have tested it and it works about to a little over a quater of a mile.... My Truck is never that far from me.. I live in Houston, Tx and hell you can park at a restrurant and they will steal your stuff.... not anymore though..[/quote]

I have had this alarm in my cars since they came out. On three occasions it warned me when someone hit my car backing out of their parking spot.

One of those times I was in Subway eating and my remote started beeping. I ran outside to see a pickup backing out next to my car and starting to pull away. I ran up and pounded on the window. Grandma was letting her nephew "new driver" drive her pickup hit my car pulling out. They were just going to leave! I stopped them told them they were leaving the scene of an accident and I was calling the cops! I was more pissed that they were just taking off. She begged me not to call because he was a new driver and offered me $100.00. The marks on my "lease" vehicle could easily be rubbed out so I took the money and let them go.

I will not be without the Viper alarm on any of my cars!

The new one that just is hitting stores now has a true and tested 1 mile range! I will see if it does, mine is being upgraded Saturday.
Okay, where do I start!! Thank you everyone for your input and suggestions. I came back from the claim adjusters and they reimbursed me already, check in hand, for the total amount of the installation and products, plus damage to the front dash unit. After being very happy about how quickly everything happened I was now able to put things back together and see the true damage. Pretty much the head unit and the xm/nav traf unit was ripped out and all the other wires besides those were cut. So basically I have some peripherals, game port, BT adapter, CD changer still present but the connection ends were cut off

Leads me to my next question. The CD changer was an old RF model that I barely used due to buring all my CD's in the HDD so not really worried about that. The game port is all right, just need to buy another $7.95 A/V cable to connect it.

What I would like to salvage if possible is the BT adapter, is there a way to connect a new IPBUS connector on it? Does cutting the connection wire due to theft, covered under the warranty? That is the only real salvagable part left. The rear camera, well, they cut 1 out of the 3 wires which should be fixable.

Oh yea, by the way! After putting back my factory radio, all the manufacturer car parts dash and so on are 99.9% in working order. Just one little scratch.

Okay now to you suggestions, i checked out that car alarm, was pretty impressed. I also checked out Crime Stopper Alarm system. I have a remote starter already Marrs 22 model, does anyone know if I can add a better alarm to that model with a 2 way receiver. Or does anyone know of a good alarm system with a learnable transmitter. I would hate to have 2 remotes plus a tramsmitter on my key chaine. And final question, yes I know this is long. Does anyone know of a product that will text your cell phone. Between work and other things, I have my phone on me more that my car keys.

Thanks again.
It really sucks. I lost an AVIC-N2 the same way about a month or so. My Grand Cherokee was beat up pretty bad from the burglary so I ended up just trading it. I ended up getting a garage now so I finally installed an AVIC-Z1.

Sorry to hear you lost everything. Hopefully your insurance takes care of it and your premiums don't go up. These things are so nice to have but with crime rates soaring its dangerous to park a nice vehicle anywhere.

Good luck and hope it all works out.
[quote name="PaisanNYC"]any online retailers for these? I tried google and only came up with British UK sites :([/quote]

It's suppose to be a dealer installed item only. Warranty only valid if installed by an authorized dealer.

You can find them on ebay.

As far as the new 1 mile range model it's called the 5900 model. Probably still a little hard to find. DEI web site has not even been updated.
[quote name="hasher13"]As I walk to my car this moring, I see a few odd looking car parts and wires next to my car. As I walk closer and look in the window, angryly noticed that someone finally did it. They finally stole my AVIC Z-1. After taking a quick glance to see if anything else was stolen, I called the police. Yes they also took my bluetooth adapter and navtrafic receiver. They did leave the CD changer, game port, and other quite valuable items (I guess not valuable enough). So I filed a police report and the forensic fingerprinting unit came by to investigate. Besides minor damage to the dash, I guess they knew what they were only going for. Luckily, everything was insured and should be all replaced. Will I re-install it again....who knows. Most likely not at this present location of living. OH WELL!!!

P.S. I guess that is what happens when living in the New York area.[/quote]

I have a couple questions...

you had additional coverage for that unit (AVIC-Z1), right?

and, if they damaged the auto, like the dash, that coverage was under your normal coverage, right?....so, a deductable would apply, correct?

my insurance (Nationwide) automaticily covers $1500.00 for the unit, but if they damage anything, it falls under the regular insurance, which I have a $500.00 deductable.

so, I called my insurance agent up, and wanted to add additional coverage, like another $1000.00 to the $1500.00 and they want another $80.00 per year.

I think that's to high, especially if there is damage and I'l have to at least pay $500.00 for the deductable on the damage.

how does your insurance work? Did you have to pay any out of pocket for the damage?