AVIC411.com

New European Firmware 1.19

Yep, sorry notced after the update it is 1.9

It is not the same as the 2.0 in the US, there are some things missing.

There is no BT update, hence the Phone dialogue still blocks the System while on a call.

But boot time is faster, Blue boxes are gone and contacts are showing with reference (Mobile, Work or home) and the touch screen responds much faster.

So overall promising but we're not there yet

Forgot to try: does the speed limit warning work now?

See you

Jörg

Ok, just installed the 1.9 minutes ago.

First impression : I wouldn't have call it a "Major"update, but just an update (one that finally fix stuff).

+ yes, boot up is faster, around 40 seconds now. (before it was 1m 10 sec).

+ only the menu button are more reactive.

+ SD mp4 movies reading is significantly better. I can finally see video clips where people dances (almost!) on rythm. Those same video files were unwatchable before.

+ MAYBE a better priority given to the rear camera view (I say maybe, cause i still have to test it more deeply)

- didn't notice any real improvement in MAP drawing speed. However, i was in an underground parking, so couldn't test it while driving.

- zoom out / zoom in on maps (2D) didn't look faster too me... it's still slow and by the time it execute my zoom request, it still goes too far in the zoom. So i sitll have to zoom in or out with steps and wait for the avic to react.

I'll try it more deeply tomorrow afternoon while driving in Paris Traffic Jams...

The bluetooth hack is a seperate file to download on the US website of Pioneer. So has nothing to do with the 1.19 version.

I've downloaded the bluetooth software and installed..... It works, but can't notice any difference in quality or so....

I have no problems with the handsfree by the way. But upgraded more like "in case of"

I think in the US due to the BT update you can now control the unit while on a call, in Europe we still get the Popup which blocks the screen.

Is that correct?

thx

I've tested as you say.... and you are right!!! great improvement.

So go and install that update!!

@bitman yes us bluetooth update only not 2.0 update

After upgrade to firmware 1.9, I seem to have a problem with the sound.

When I listen to the radio, from time to time, the sound goes off. After some seconds, the sound comes back. It's as during those seconds the soundsettings are locked. Whe I turn the knob to adjust the sound, nothing happens. You even do not see the litte box in the upper right corner with the current volume setting. And then suddenly the sound comes back.

My problem is solved.

As of now the speedcams are realy working.

And this was what caused my problem.

My sound for navigating was set to off.

But apparently when you pass a speedcam the sound of the radio is muted to warn you.

In the previous firmware this was not the case because all the speedcams had the same speed (= 0 kmh). So there never was a warning.