AVIC411.com

Tracks STILL don't finish when reading from SD with v2.0!

What do you mean don't finish reading? As in going from one track to the next? Or when you shut down, and then start up again?

The player jumps to the next track and starts playing it before it finishes playing the previous track. I believe it makes the jump about 6 seconds too early, but I haven't checked for sure. This is unacceptable to me, and the fact that this issue wasn't addressed in v2.0 really says a LOT about the clowns over at Pioneer. Especially because they claim "more reliable playback" from SD/USB sources. I wonder if there's a way that we can fix this ourselves...

Is there any software out there that will allow me to add 6 seconds of silence to the end of many mp3 files at once?

I tested it out tonight, and it looks like we've got a jump that's 2-3 seconds too early. So I need to find a batch-converter application that will allow me to add 2.5 seconds of silence to each of the mp3s on my SD card.

Anyone know of one?

Audacity should be able to handle that. The ability to export to an MP3 after editing is an add-on, but it's free.
  • 2 weeks later...

Nah, mine are mp3's, wma's, and it even picks up my ringtone folder (use the card in my phone sometimes) and they're encoded to like 64kb and 96kb quality and they play fine.

I've noticed it's a very random thing. Some will finish one day, the next day, that very same mp3 will cut off short. It really doesn't make any sense to me honestly.

I bring the card back to the computer and play it, and it always finishes, so it's definitely something in the unit that's not reading something right.

Sadly I've given up though.. I boxed it back up yesterday and I'm heading back to Best Buy with it today :(

I hate the above problem, my usb can't be left plugged in, I have to reconnect it every time I start the truck and that annoys the piss out of me. I even bought the XM module (brick) whatever you want to call it and I was excited about it. I thought I would look past the other problems if it satisfied me.. and it didn't. The XM is so damn slow that it's just annoying to use. It still does the alerts when a song comes on but you can't rewind and pause like some of the newer units.

I realize it's completely different hardware, but you think if they can pack that ability into a small little unit like the skyfi2, then they could have found room in that huge box to do the same.

Oh well, I gave it a try, I'm sure Best Buy will be poop heads about it since it's such a high price item.

Wish me luck!