AVIC411.com

IN PROGRESS: Fixing up Samantha

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The male voice is not standard - sounds like yours got switched somehow, probably when being updated. Go to System Settings, then Language, to change your voice. The standard option is English (Samantha) with TTS.

Quite honestly though, I keep it on the guy's voice for two reasons: it's recorded, so sounds better; and because he doesn't say any street names, he shuts up faster! :D

Haha that is so true lol he sounds much more realistic.

• 3 weeks later...
I made a bunch more mods to her. See what you think. I attached the voice by itself below. There is also an auto-installer posted on my FTP as SamTTS.zip. Read the readme in it.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928/

I installed the latest SamTTS and there are a few bugs. Street names that begin with St for Saint are saying Street. I find the way distances are pronounced pretty unnatural also. I like that the highways are pronounced "four-ten" but when she tells me to "turn left in four-fifty meters" it is just not at all natural. I only took her 20 kilometers from the house to try her out. I will work more with her and pass on any problems I find.

Most of the "Saints" are already in the rules.ini, feel free to add more.

She never says automatic prompts on anything but even hundreds, to get the four-fifty meters, you must've asked her to speak..

She will never be perfect and I'm calling it quits where I am. i posted a new pure-tts version on the FTP as SamTTS-Auto, and I have a custom TTS/Sampled version included in my AIO files.

I made a bunch more mods to her. See what you think. I attached the voice by itself below. There is also an auto-installer posted on my FTP as SamTTS.zip. Read the readme in it.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928/

I installed the latest SamTTS and there are a few bugs. Street names that begin with St for Saint are saying Street. I find the way distances are pronounced pretty unnatural also. I like that the highways are pronounced "four-ten" but when she tells me to "turn left in four-fifty meters" it is just not at all natural. I only took her 20 kilometers from the house to try her out. I will work more with her and pass on any problems I find.

I think it sounds good, although you can't please everyone. Good work cmh928

Ok thanks I downloaded it on the 12 I'll try the one from the 13 or I might try the hybrid one. Thanks I put this on as soon as I got the 700 and if the original sam sounded anything like the one that prompts for voice commands, then your work is greatly appreciated.