AVIC411.com

IN PROGRESS: Fixing up Samantha

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you got around to testing yet, but i did notice saturday night that although i was getting fewer prompts up to my turn, i would ofter get the final "take the next left/right" prompt twice in a row. I think i have now fixed that, and as we speak I am working on replacing Samantha completely. I was informed by a member on a GPS forum that Samantha ignores the rules.ini file, which is why she does not say highway numbers correctly. I am working on replacing her with Jill who supposedly complies with the rules :)

I'm going out to test right now...

P.S. if this works it will free up about 140MB on the internal storage.

Yea, the file structure seems to be hard coded in. When i replaced Samantha 11khz with Samantha 22khz i had to rename the new files to the same as the old, otherwise it just wouldn't work. Even though it would appear to import fine, it would keep playing Jason. I'm trying the same thing now with Jill, so even if it does work, its still going to be called Samantha. I also noticed that alot of the Nuance TTS files are duplicated in the VBT (voicebox technology) folder, but they don't seem to be needed, since the VR was using Samantha 22khz without me touching any files in that directory. There is also a ton of other voices in the igo\scansoft\realspeak directory which i'm attempting to delete since we can't choose them anyway, and they appear to be for other languages. That's how this would free up about 140MB (fingers crossed)