AVIC411.com

IN PROGRESS: Fixing up Samantha

Just posted a new version of SamHybridTTS-Auto to the FTP. I'm almost happy with her now. She's come a long way!

I did have to bring back a few of the "Prepare-to" commands as she didn't make alot of sense without them under certain circumstances. I mainly worked on how she says numbers in distances now. Also, I made the left and right commands flow a bit more naturally.

I'm uploading updated versions of both of my AIO files with the new version as well.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just posted a new version of SamHybridTTS-Auto to the FTP. I'm almost happy with her now. She's come a long way!

I did have to bring back a few of the "Prepare-to" commands as she didn't make alot of sense without them under certain circumstances. I mainly worked on how she says numbers in distances now. Also, I made the left and right commands flow a bit more naturally.

I'm uploading updated versions of both of my AIO files with the new version as well.

In your latest samantha file, sam says "take the next right/left" as "take thnext right/left". She's not pronouncing "the" all the way. She also still says it twice in a row sometimes. Otherwise, fantastic mods, thanks for your work!

FF

In which one? The hybrid or pure TTS version? I use the hybrid and she pronounces fairly well. "Take the next" is one OGG file, not several said in sequence.

As far as repeating goes, it depends how fast you are going. She is on the verge of not talking enough as it is. I'm probably going to decrease some minsilence values so she always says the final "turn right" just before the road. As it is, she only says it if she hasn't spoken in at least 7 seconds and possibly up to 15 seconds depending on speed.

I'm done making any changes to her outside of timing now. Already wasted far too much time cleaning up OGG files and fixing the rules.ini.

In your latest samantha file, sam says "take the next right/left" as "take thnext right/left". She's not pronouncing "the" all the way. She also still says it twice in a row sometimes. Otherwise, fantastic mods, thanks for your work!

FF

I had the same issue so I switched back to the pure TTS version and everything if fine now.

In which one? The hybrid or pure TTS version? I use the hybrid and she pronounces fairly well. "Take the next" is one OGG file, not several said in sequence.

As far as repeating goes, it depends how fast you are going. She is on the verge of not talking enough as it is. I'm probably going to decrease some minsilence values so she always says the final "turn right" just before the road. As it is, she only says it if she hasn't spoken in at least 7 seconds and possibly up to 15 seconds depending on speed.

I'm done making any changes to her outside of timing now. Already wasted far too much time cleaning up OGG files and fixing the rules.ini.

Ah, I was using the pure one. I missed the hybrid completely. I'm downloading it now, so hopefully everything will be back to good.

Thanks again!

FF

Ah, I was using the pure one. I missed the hybrid completely. I'm downloading it now, so hopefully everything will be back to good.

Thanks again!

FF

Thats funny the hybrid was the one doing to to me, the pure works great, the nhybrid would cut off early as well and not say the name of the street, I missed a few turns the other day in a downtown area that had alot of cross streets close together. It would say "turn ri in 200 feet onto .........." and nothing... next thing i know its saying (in that english voice) that i missed it and was rerouting. then told me to "turn right onto Sh............" (2 street signes there that had Sh as the first 2 letters as well) and nothing so I turned right onto the next street and it had to reroute again

Thats funny the hybrid was the one doing to to me, the pure works great, the nhybrid would cut off early as well and not say the name of the street, I missed a few turns the other day in a downtown area that had alot of cross streets close together. It would say "turn ri in 200 feet onto .........." and nothing... next thing i know its saying (in that english voice) that i missed it and was rerouting. then told me to "turn right onto Sh............" (2 street signes there that had Sh as the first 2 letters as well) and nothing so I turned right onto the next street and it had to reroute again

Interesting. That would be very frustrating. I just installed the hybrid a while ago and tested it out, it seems everything is working great. The ogg files really help, they sound awesome! My only complaint is that she says directions backward from what she used to, such as "Turn left after a quarter mile, onto", instead of "After a quarter mile, turn left onto". I prefer the latter, but if it's difficult to change I'll just live with it. It really is great! Thanks cmh!!

FF

Well. I made her a little more chatty, at least in the final feet before a turn. Also fixed a few OGGs that were cut short.

I have also noticed that what she says for street and HWY names depends on the maps being used. The 2008.4 maps have less detail to the names than the 2007.7 version. At my exit, she reads off "Hwy42, Hwy36, Hwy37" on the 2007.7 maps and just says "State Route 36" on the 2008.4 version. In another place she just says "Hwy towards Marion" where on the older maps it is "US Hwy 23 N towards Marion"

At any rate, I posted her as SamHybridNew-Auto on the FTP.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928/

On my HTC Touch HD i have IGO 8.32.

Those TTS sounds are very great. I've tried to install the tts file to the F900 but off course it will not work.

Also copied the info.ini from the old tts file to the new one. Now its regonized but no upload.

Will there someone be abble to integrate into the F nav?? I can supply files if needed.

Sorry for bad english btw.

Well. I made her a little more chatty, at least in the final feet before a turn. Also fixed a few OGGs that were cut short.

I have also noticed that what she says for street and HWY names depends on the maps being used. The 2008.4 maps have less detail to the names than the 2007.7 version. At my exit, she reads off "Hwy42, Hwy36, Hwy37" on the 2007.7 maps and just says "State Route 36" on the 2008.4 version. In another place she just says "Hwy towards Marion" where on the older maps it is "US Hwy 23 N towards Marion"

At any rate, I posted her as SamHybridNew-Auto on the FTP.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928/

Did you update the basic TTS file as well?

I'm not making any more mods to either file now. I only use the hybrid on mine so it is a bit more advanced than the pure TTS. There is no way to tell the pure TTS how to differentiate between route numbers and distances. The hybrid has that ability. so 450ft is "four hundred and 50 feet" rather than "four fifty feet," but Route 450 will read "four fifty."

On my HTC Touch HD i have IGO 8.32.

Those TTS sounds are very great. I've tried to install the tts file to the F900 but off course it will not work.

Also copied the info.ini from the old tts file to the new one. Now its regonized but no upload.

Will there someone be abble to integrate into the F nav?? I can supply files if needed.

Sorry for bad english btw.

Nope. Not until Pioneer releases 8.3 for the Avic or you use LeetLauncher to run 8.3. Avic uses Nuance voices only. Loquendo sounds much better.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not making any more mods to either file now. I only use the hybrid on mine so it is a bit more advanced than the pure TTS. There is no way to tell the pure TTS how to differentiate between route numbers and distances. The hybrid has that ability. so 450ft is "four hundred and 50 feet" rather than "four fifty feet," but Route 450 will read "four fifty."

CMH, not to be a pain or anything, but do you still have the original samantha tts? The one that says "stop ignoring me". I am finding out that when I am 1/4 mile from interstate it tells me to turn right onto "I" and thats it. She doesn't tell me to to right onto I 81 until I am at the exit. I think your original Sam fix didn't have that problem.

Thanks, Mark

Did you update your maps from stock? The 2008.4 maps have piss-poor route naming. There's nothing in the rules file to keep it from saying route numbers properly.. And since it says it correctly AT the exit, it is not the voice causing the problem but rather the map data.

Did you update your maps from stock? The 2008.4 maps have piss-poor route naming. There's nothing in the rules file to keep it from saying route numbers properly.. And since it says it correctly AT the exit, it is not the voice causing the problem but rather the map data.

I suppose that IS the problem then. I did update my maps to 2008.4. The problem didn't start until I updated the maps. I thought it was Samantha causing the problem. I guess I can live with it or I could always jump back to the stock maps.

Do you still have the other samantha file? My daughter is hooked on the stop ignoring me line..lol