AVIC411.com

2.0 upgrade--i must be a moron

but i just cannot get it to start.my unit is a bt90,with hardwire bypass,no other mods.

i know the sd slot works because i can play tunes from it.

so i downloaded the files,extracted them,then left clicked and sent them to the 1 gig card formatted to fat 32, so i had the update folder with the two files inside,lpue080 and tts.then added the three bluetooth files not in a folder.put it in and fired up the avic and just the usual startup.

anyone have any ideas the unit is new with the blue dot update from the factory.not 1 phone number in it never sinced with anything so to speak a total virgen other than the hardwire bypass

thanks

pete

ps i did break down and ask pioneer dor the sd card with the update installed but i still dont want to wait the up to three weeks.

but i just cannot get it to start.my unit is a bt90,with hardwire bypass,no other mods.

i know the sd slot works because i can play tunes from it.

so i downloaded the files,extracted them,then left clicked and sent them to the 1 gig card formatted to fat 32, so i had the update folder with the two files inside,lpue080 and tts.then added the three bluetooth files not in a folder.put it in and fired up the avic and just the usual startup.

anyone have any ideas the unit is new with the blue dot update from the factory.not 1 phone number in it never sinced with anything so to speak a total virgen other than the hardwire bypass

thanks

pete

ps i did break down and ask pioneer dor the sd card with the update installed but i still dont want to wait the up to three weeks.

512mb is the minimum..... according to pioneer

The LPUE080 and TTS folders MUST be the top folders.... Then add the Bluetooth files.

You're probably not a moron (probably), but you may want to work on your reading comprehension. The update instructions (as poorly written as they are), clearly say that the LPUE080 and TTS folders must be in the TOP LEVEL of your SD card.

Get rid of the upgrade folder they are in and try again.

i was wondering what the top level actually ment as i first tried it with the 2 folders seprate.the lpu and the tts and when that dident work then i put them onto 1 folder.

so we are saying the first two folders should be the lpu then the tts followed by the bluetooth folders?

if this is so i will try it again as soon as i get home,maybe i'll pick up another sd card,but this one works fine in my camera.

pete

Mine was doing the exact same thing.

Got mine to update tonight. I had to disconnnect the IP Bus for the Sirius tuner. Then it worked fine. The instructions said to remove any USB devices or ipods before the update but didn't mention the IP Bus unit. Maybe that is a form of USB ? Any way it worked