AVIC411.com

Bluetooth with Treo 750

Anyone have any luck using the Palm Treo 750 with the F700BT? Before the firmware upgrade it seemed to work a lot better. Now if i have the BT enabled on my phone before i get into my car it seemingly connects to the phone after the avic boots up. It shows my phone name, battery, signal, etc. However, if i make a call on the phone or using the dial pad, my phone shows that the call is going through, but it never switches to the car speakers (nor is the mic enabled as evidence by trying to call my home number and listening). Usually, but not predictably, it will work if i disable and renable the BT on my phone.

I had never gotten the contact to transfer (before or after the firmware update). However, just recently, i got about 6 of my several contacts to transfer. The only names that transferred where those with no last name. Which is odd. After i had these names in the address book, i booted up to WinCE and copied the .db file to my SD card and imported several contacts from a txt file i created from outlook data to match the .db file's format. I tried overwriting the existing phonebook db file with this new one and it shows no contacts even after the phone is paired.

Oddly, the goog-411 button tries to call a 432 number.

I have the latest BT update (3.3)

I have installed JetWare (as per someone suggestion on this forum) on my PDA with the default settings on.

Any thoughts?

so I am having the same problems on my Treo 750 - after installing the new 3.3 Bluetooth

1) calls that come in don't go to the speakers but rather to my phone - and then gets cut off after 2 seconds

2) can't make a call out on the dial pad - it dials my Treo 750 but doesn't transfer back to the speakers

3) the only calls that I can make that does transfer to my speakers are the calls that already were in the system as received or dialed calls.

How do I revert back to the previous version?

Ok, no guarantees here but...

I emailed pioneer asking for the old BT firmware and they told me to talk to the parts department:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

If you want to install the older firmware you need to contact the Parts Dept. at:800-421-1404 and request the older firmware update.

Thank You,

Ramon

Customer Service Representative

I sat on the phone with the parts for a while arguing with the poor lady that i wanted the BT firmware not the system firmware. She insisted on sending me the old system firmware which may contain the old BT. No guarantees. It'll be on CD and it's gonna be like 2 weeks.

While on hold, i went to the download link for the 3.3 BT update and just for kicks i changed the version number in the download link to:

3.2, 3.1, 3.0 and voila!!!

http://ds1.sfo.downloadtech.net/cn1010/ ... Ver2.9.zip

This link actually worked! :) I haven't tried it on my avic yet, and I am also not sure if the unit will let you downgrade. Will report back after I try it. I have also attached the file in case Pioneer breaks the link.

Bluetooth_Ver2.9.zip

FYI I downgraded from 3.3 to 2.9 and my treo 750 works great. I may have lost the ability to use the address book transfer, but that doesnt matter since it never fully worked anyway and i much prefer using SQLight to make my own custom db file anyway. For those that want it back the way it was - check out version 2.9.

E

yeah, I downloaded 2.9 yesterday off of the website and my Treo 750 works fine now. Pioneer does offer the 2.9 version on their website. The link is after the sentence "If you use the Sony Ericson W300i or Samsung SGH-U900 phones, you need to download an alternative update file by clicking "

The link is here:

http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firm ... Ver2.9.zip

I wonder if there are other Windows Mobile phones that is incompatible with 3.3

Yes, I have a Samsung i760 with WM6 and 3.3 did not work at all. No sound ever came through the speakers 2.9 works fine except I am unable to answer an incoming call. Pushing the "answer" button does nothing, though the "do not answer" button works as it should.

This issue may or may not be related to another problem I'm having with the VR button - http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19182

It's WM6 not 6.1 - After seeing that yours worked fine Boris I went checking. I have a pretty customize phone and it turns out one of the settings in a program called s2u2 was preventing the answer button from working. So now, my phone too seems to be working just fine with v2.9

so I am having the same problems on my Treo 750 - after installing the new 3.3 Bluetooth

1) calls that come in don't go to the speakers but rather to my phone - and then gets cut off after 2 seconds

2) can't make a call out on the dial pad - it dials my Treo 750 but doesn't transfer back to the speakers

3) the only calls that I can make that does transfer to my speakers are the calls that already were in the system as received or dialed calls.

How do I revert back to the previous version?

I have your exact phone with Windows Mobile 6.1, the newest Bluetooth firmware, and it works perfect except for the contacts.