AVIC411.com

implementing the avic-z3 bypass

hey all,

i had my avic z3 installed by the toyota dealership and they did not do the bypass mod so i have to enable my parking break if i want to use the navi.

i am not very car savy. so...

is there anyway for me to introduce the bypass on my avic-z3 without ripping everything out and grounding the correct wire? im scared to take apart my center console to get to the rear of the unit.

please let me know. thank you all

is there anyway for me to introduce the bypass on my avic-z3 without ripping everything out and grounding the correct wire? im scared to take apart my center console to get to the rear of the unit.

I did not do the bypass for a long time for the same reason you have, then I found out that the shop used the Pioneer double din installation kit, you only have to pull out the front plastic frame and unscrew 4 screws (2 top, 2 bottom), then the whole thing just slides out from the front. See if you have a plastic frame around the front of the unit and see if you can pull it out with the screen down.

post-18923-12872756060114_thumb.jpg

its an 08 4runner - urban runner model.

from what i've found online, taking the unit out is a huge hassle and long process. :(

i wish there was some software or non hardware way of doing this. the z1 has the light flickering hack/mod(i dont think it requires any hardware changes, but im not sure)