AVIC411.com

Bluetooth acting weird?

I THINK ever since updating to 2.0 and updating the bluetooth, my calls have been acting up. Everytime someone calls me, It rings and when I answer it, no sound out of the speakers. They can't hear me, I can't hear them but the called was answered cause the time on the phone of the phone call is counting. If I call out, SOMETIMES it works, sometimes again, just quiet.

What is going on and is anyone getting this too? I'm pretty sure this happened after the update but I don't remember as I don't use the bluetooth THAT much.

I am having this same exact problem. It is driving me up the wall as bluetooth was one of the main reasons I purchased this unit. Please, does anyone know of a cause or possible solution? By the way, I am using a F90BT with the latest updates and using an Iphone 2G. If I call out I don't have any problems. But if I receive a call and hit answer, the call acts as though it is active but no sound can be heard on either end.

Thanks for checking into this irkgreen. Please let us know your results. I tried pairing a friend's phone with the F90BT to see if it did the same thing and it seemed to work fine with his phone. I hope it is not an iphone specific issue with the new update. So they fix the blackberry issue..only to mess up the with the iphones..great. I am gonna try restoring my iphone and see if that makes any difference.

Yes, after the 2.0 update, my bluetooth has been very buggy. It's hit & miss when the bluetooth feature works. Same type of symptoms: upon receiving a call, nothing can be heard on either end. It will then take sometimes a minute or two for the audio source to return back to sound.

EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!!! Pioneer, please fix this important feature!

have you guys tried listening if the sound is going through your phone? that is what is happening to me. sometimes it works fine other times i can initiate calls on my phone (lg 8550 chocolate) but the incoming and outgoing sound go through the phone.

After restoring my iphone and resetting my Avic it seems not to be freezing up and not transfering the voice into my car as it was doing before. However, when I dial a contact's number it shows it as the dialing the contact with their name. When they call me, no name shows up but just their number. Is there anyway to fix this? It appears that the iPhone saves contact numbers with parenthesis and dashes, while the avic displays incoming calls as strictly numbers...I am not sure if this is contributing.

I have not had this unit installed with the newest bt update. have anyone else besides who mentioned it already had this specific problem of bt sound not coming through the speakers before the update? if not im going to hunt down the previous bt software and try to install that. hopefully it will let me because i believe it checks if the current version is newer than the one you are trying to install (unless that's just for the firmware). has anyone tried this yet? i don't think there would be an issue running the older bt software with the 2.0 firmware but who knows.

when the last fw update was released, was there a bt update with it as well or was it just the firmware? ill search in the meantime.

Thanks for checking into this irkgreen. Please let us know your results. I tried pairing a friend's phone with the F90BT to see if it did the same thing and it seemed to work fine with his phone. I hope it is not an iphone specific issue with the new update. So they fix the blackberry issue..only to mess up the with the iphones..great. I am gonna try restoring my iphone and see if that makes any difference.

i have a blackberry, though a lot of the issues have been fixed regarding connectivity, i'm also experiencing similar problems as you folks with the audio...i can hear callers, but they can't hear me, it happnes out of the blue, randomly, don't think its a hardware issue, though i managed to pull the unit out to check microfone connection in the back it looked fine, the minute i unplugged the mic and plugged it back in, it worked again! so not sure what the issue is now...i can't b doing that...i'm starting to think this unit is not worth it again... :(