AVIC411.com

I'm stalling my avic-d2 and I grounded the parking brake and also grounded the open pin of the harness. But when I insert the disk, it comes up saying "please insert appropiate disk'". The disks are version 1.0. I also tried both disks and nothing. Also I would appreciate some info on Accord 04 vss location and installation. Please help!!!

thanks.
Are you putting the discs in the lower dvd slot? IF not, push and hold the open button for a second. The face will drop completely flat. As for the vss and reverse, here ya go.

Speed Sense blue/white ECM/PCM
Notes: The ECM/PCM is on the front of the transmission tunnel. The connectors are on the passenger side. On the 4 cylinder models the VSS wire is in the white 31 pin connector E, pin 26. On the 6 cylinder models it is in the gray connector A, pin 11.

Reverse Light green + driver kick, harness to rear
Ok not sure why you're d2 is doing that, you could try resetting the unit or leaving it powered down for a day. As for the pin number, if you look at the harness you'll see small numbers on the harness, you just have to count over and make sure the wire color is correct. Yes you splice the vss from the d2 into the blue/white of the car. BAsically what I said about the reverse wire means, it's a green wire positive polarity. It's located in that bundle of wires under the carpet on the drivers side that goes to the back of the car.
Well, after I installed everything I still get the" please insert the appropiate disk". I called pioneer and they told me that the only explanation is the disk or the unit is defected. The disk is brand new just out of the case in perfect conditions, so is the unit?????. I bought the unit from ebay from one of this power sellers. I sent him an e-mail already. Do you guys think is the unit??? Also the cd player works fine, it just won't read navi disk.

thanks.
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, I got another unit and went ahead and tried it right away to see if everthing is hooked up right. When I hit the vehicles info, it only shows the clock and it says the other two to the right are unavailable. Does that mean that my vss cable is not hooked up right? I used the connector that comes with the unit that clips on both wires.
As far as the reverse wire, unless you have a back-up camera, it isn't essential. Although, if you drive in reverse for an extended distance, (ala Ferris Bueller), you may end up with an incorrect position and direction, but, since this is a learning system, it will correct itself eventually.