AVIC411.com

Delete Favorites

Tried searching around, couldn't find anything on this.

I want to delete only one single favorite, but the menu only has "Clear All".

Perhaps you can't do it through the main GUI, but I'm sure there is a subdirectory that contains your favorites in it, along with lat/long?

Does anyone know of a way to remove them, either one of those ways?

Appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I found a file called 'favorites.dat' in \USER\UserData\iGo\save. I opened it with notepad and found that it lists each of the favorites, but only that. No information about the locations of these favorites, nor any link to a database containing locations. I'm assuming that by deleting any of these names it will eliminate it from the favorites listing, but I will keep a backup just in case.

I will keep looking around for a file that has the location information, there has to be something somewhere.

Well, I found a file called 'favorites.dat' in \USER\UserData\iGo\save. I opened it with notepad and found that it lists each of the favorites, but only that. No information about the locations of these favorites, nor any link to a database containing locations. I'm assuming that by deleting any of these names it will eliminate it from the favorites listing, but I will keep a backup just in case.

I will keep looking around for a file that has the location information, there has to be something somewhere.

favorites.dat _is_ the file that contains all the favorites information (not all of it in readable format).

It is entirely possible to delete a single favorite in iGO, just Pioneer's kids who did our skin did not bother to put that on.

I'm going to look into it at some point though....

Not 100% sure of this but I remember when I got my xm hooked up I was pissed there was no option to delete one memo! I held it down for about 3-5 seconds and presto (would you like to delete) poped up!! Hey its worth a try! If no one else does. Ill try tomorrow on my way to work but its 16 out right now so your not about to catch me out there again!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...