AVIC411.com

how to hack US AVIC-F900BT to work in Europe??

hello friend,

Just see this topic:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

It has the licences you need. Try and tell us the result ;)

This has absolutely nothing to do with the original question.

I doubt you can reflash DVD drive with RPC-free firmware without taking the thing apart and I have never heard of region-free players for WinCE, but there may be something out there...

• 5 months later...
Also you can try to edit file \User\SystemData\uComInitComm\ModelVersionInfo.txt. This file contains following line:

MiconVer=08.09------ÑDvdVer=02.01.05.00ÑRegionCode=Sys5 Mecha5Ñ

Is the above line from US or EU model?

If someone with the EU unit could post exact same line we could perhaps compare them and try to change them.

Would that be possible? 8)

Hey Stan,

I will be interested to know the outcome, I backed up my entire flash to my PC before doing any mods, if you need a copy let me know, I am sure there is a way to get the file files to you.

My mods are limited to using GTI Matts Mods and to create my own colour scheme to make the UK minor roads more visible.

Cheers.

Brian.

Hi folks,

Forgive me for asking some simple questions, being completely new to this ther will no doubt be plenty you will find amusing!!

First off, I just had my US version F700 installed, need to iron out a few issues with hand brake wire, but not sure what the mute wire has to do with it? Could someone clarify for me?

The main issue for me posting in this thread is that, as I've said, I have a US version of the unit, but I live in the UK...

Pioneer say that the giros are completely different and as this is a hardware issue absolutely nothing can be done to get the nav to work. Chuffed.

Queue google.com, & and I came across this web-site. Clearly if there is an answer it will be here with one of you!

So, as I'm not the only one with a US unit in Europe/UK has anyone come up with a solution? Will this pick up UK/European satelites and if so is it just a matter of downloading software - and if so do I just need to flash the unit with firmware or do I need to something else.

I haven't tried a dvd yet, but the radio is working fine. Unit has the 2.0 firmware update on it already.

Not a clue how to do any 'mods' yet, but am reading the forums so hope to be up to speed soon.

Hope someone is able to help,

Thanks all,

Rob.

Hey Rob,

My unit is US version as well and the navi works fine in Ireland.

The DVD in the unit is Region 1 so it wont play any other region unless your DVD discs are region free.

The brake wire has to be grounded together with mute wire (in order to watch videos while in motion etc.)+ the mute wire has to be switched from its current location in the plug to different one --->http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17013 or you could mess with the files but I chose the first option.

My radio doesnt work properly :(

I'm new to all this as well and I'm slowly getting a grip with things etc. Just take your time and If you are unsure dont do it!

This forum is great and who would imagine that so much can be done to make the unit even better :D

Stan

• 3 years later...