AVIC411.com

i just went through the manual and searched here a little bit but cannot find this info...

can i turn the mic sensitivity up? people are saying they cannot hear me on the phone. my mic is in the exact same place as it was on the d3 i use to have. it seems like there is no place in the settings to turn the volume up. i can turn the volume of the persons voice im calling but cannot make my voice louder.

any thoughts?

It cant be adjusted.

But I made the same experience. And in my case it was not the unit (or the mic) but the phones fault.

I had a HTC Touch (WM 6.0) and everyone told me I cant be heared.

Now I have a HTC Diamond and with that I come over loud and clear.

So my advice... try another phone.

-T

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed my F900BT. So far I mostly love it except for bluetooth mic audio which was way too low. People at the other end could hardly hear me. I have the mic sitting on the steering column about 18 inches from my mouth directly in front of me. After picking up the clue in this thread I thought maybe its my Motorola RAZR V3i phone. I didnt want to buy a new phone and love the V3i so I embarked on a quest to modify its bluetooth mic gain. I found everything I needed on the net and sure enough the mic gain was set quite low so I boosted it to the recommended level and now my problem is fixed! This took a llttle bit of messing around finding the right programs and drivers to make the mods to the V3i - you need to carefully make changes to Hex code parameters in the phones firmware. So I suggest that before anyone blames the F900BT or other F series, check your phone as it seems that the different manufactures ship them with widely different bluetooth mic gain settings. I dont know how easy it is to mod different models of phones - but I guess it should me possible with most of them.