AVIC411.com

Using Europe Map on US F900BT

Hi Boris,

Now I have the 2008.04 maps but I am still waiting for my AVIC. In between I read in another thread that you can download 2008/07 or 2008/10 on your AVIC.

Is it true? 2008/10 with EZRIDER and license hack?

Another question: AVIC runs Windows CE (if I am correct). So, cant we just install the new software instead of copying maps? Normally it should be possible to install (software) iGo 8.0 or even iGo 8.3 on Windows CE. Thats what iGo is made for.

Did someone tried it, and if why was it not possible to install a new software? I remember doing it once in my old Falk, I installed Navigon on SD of my Falk and it worked fine.

Thanks.

For Europe, yes, there are newer maps than 2008.4.

While AVIC does run WinCE and uses iGO, you can't just replace it with a different iGO build. This is a special project NavNGo did for Pioneer, and it includes certain integration points for interacting with the A/V system in the avic. Among other things, AVIC shell expects to hear from built-in iGO that it had finished booting, and if it does not, it assumes that an error occurred and reboots the unit... If you want to run a different version of iGO, you need ot run it from LeetLauncher, which takes the built-in shell out of the picture...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boot the unit in Tets Mode.

Open APL2\IGO folder on the AVIC and make a backup copy of ezrider.exe (this is the main Navi program).

Copy ezrider.exe from this forum over the one you just backed up.

Copy a licrense file (.lic) to APL2\igo\license

Copy iGO 8 map of Brazil to APL2\iGO\Content\Map.

Reboot the unit. You shoulds have working maps of Brazil now.

I don't have the unit AVIC Pioneer F 700 BT yet, but can you tell me how i boot the unit in Test Mode.

PS: I am from Belgium :wink:

Hi Boris,

Now I have the 2008.04 maps but I am still waiting for my AVIC. In between I read in another thread that you can download 2008/07 or 2008/10 on your AVIC.

It 's true - I did the update a few weeks ago, and it works just fine..

I am currently using 2008.10 maps and poi files with 2008.07 3dc/3dl files.

where do you find maps and poi files??? I have been looking for them with emule but I can´t find anything......................could you help me about it?????????????? Best Regards

Hi Boris,

It 's true - I did the update a few weeks ago, and it works just fine..

I am currently using 2008.10 maps and poi files with 2008.07 3dc/3dl files.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed everything as mentioned in the thread on my F700BT. But I can not navigate???

I copied the worldwide license, and replaced EZRIDER. Copied maps of Germany, deleted all US, Canadian Maps. Copied POIs, Buildings. After restarting the system. I was in normal menu and when I go to DESTINATION, I can not put any address??? The address field is dead. Neither can I go to Navigation settings, I have only access to AV settings!!! But if I go to Map, it shows me my location ...

So, I am only able to play radio, SD, etc. No Navigation ... did I do something wrong? Is it because I copied worldwide license not the european one???

BUT if I boot my system in Testmode and go to folder iGo and start run Ezrider.exe from there, the navigation programm starts and I can put address as well BUT this way I can not go to Main Menu, cant play radio, etc. its only navigation software???

Help me.

Need Help Updating Maps...

I've downloaded the 2008.1 maps here

http://turtrek.googlepages.com/countries2008:voorigo8

Thought it odd though that there are 14, not 13 parts that are discussed in this thread.

When I unzip the files, they all want to overwrite each other, as they appear to be all the same files. What am I doing wrong?

Do I only need one of the 14, er..13 parts? Do I unzip before transferring to the f700bt or do I load all 14 .zip files into the "Maps" folder on the unit?

Could someone please spell out directions step by step for this nimrod?

Thanks!