• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hello every body

I am going to buy a avic f90bt (buy in USA for europe use), i read all this post ;), i only have a last cuestion, if the unit cames with 2.0 firmware instaled...-> it means a problem for me?, can i change the maps, or it is not posible if the unit has 2.0 firmware.

Thaks a lot for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

want to thank everyone in this thread for their input, have a US import F700 in my Lexus GS300 in the UK, hacked using 2008.07 UK Maps, and even managed to get a free years UK speedcam subscription from Pioneer website, works superbly!

what have you done for speedcam suscription from Pioneer????

Regards

Hi guys,

want to thank everyone in this thread for their input, have a US import F700 in my Lexus GS300 in the UK, hacked using 2008.07 UK Maps, and even managed to get a free years UK speedcam subscription from Pioneer website, works superbly!

For uk -

Visit pioneer uk website, and register, then go to avic page and click on '1 Years free safety camera subscription' go through the process however leave serial number field blank and it will give you the access code for the POI Warner website (pioneer give you the link to download). After this, put an sd card in your unit, power it up so the unit writes a license file on the sd card the speed cam software can identify. Then start the POI Warner software and follow instructions to write speedcam data to the card. After this insert sd card and boot the unit, it should then show UK speed cams.

Let me know if it works for you.

Hi folks,

I'm new on this forum, and I have the f900bt model.

I live in Ireland and the unit is the US version.

I spent some time reading up on loading EU maps on the unit but I found it little bit confusing :oops:

So far I managed to download igo8 maps for Ireland file name: Ireland83_2008.10_081212 (would that release work on the unit?)

Inside that folder I have :

Ireland.3dl

Ireland.fbl

Ireland.poi

There is no license file or anything.

From what I could understand I should do the following:

Boot unit in test mode

Open APL2\IGO folder and make back up copy of the ezrider.exe

Then I have to paste the ezrider.exe taken from ir.zip (that can be found on the forum) to the APL2\IGO folder over the original ezrider.exe that I copied.

Take the license file also found in ir.zip and copy it to APL2\IGO\license

Copy Ireland.fbl and paste it to APL2\IGO\Content\Map

Reboot the unit and the maps should be working

Is that right?

Should the Ireland.poi go to APL2\IGO\Content\POI?

If yes what about the Ireland.3dl?

Thanks for any info in advance :)

stan-the-man

Hi folks,

I'm new on this forum, and I have the f900bt model.

I live in Ireland and the unit is the US version.

I spent some time reading up on loading EU maps on the unit but I found it little bit confusing :oops:

So far I managed to download igo8 maps for Ireland file name: Ireland83_2008.10_081212 (would that release work on the unit?)

Inside that folder I have :

Ireland.3dl

Ireland.fbl

Ireland.poi

There is no license file or anything.

From what I could understand I should do the following:

Boot unit in test mode

Open APL2\IGO folder and make back up copy of the ezrider.exe

Then I have to paste the ezrider.exe taken from ir.zip (that can be found on the forum) to the APL2\IGO folder over the original ezrider.exe that I copied.

Take the license file also found in ir.zip and copy it to APL2\IGO\license

Copy Ireland.fbl and paste it to APL2\IGO\Content\Map

Reboot the unit and the maps should be working

Is that right?

Should the Ireland.poi go to APL2\IGO\Content\POI?

If yes what about the Ireland.3dl?

Thanks for any info in advance :)

stan-the-man

Sounds about right. The .3DL file would go into building folder (these are landmarks).

Sorry Stan just re read your last post, you do not want to dowload the 83_2008.10 files, the ones that will run on your F900 are the 8_2008.10. The 83 maps will not work, they are for the newer IGO based systems.

Regards.

Brian.

hi, im new to this im trying to add a UK map on to a US model of the avic f90bt, iv got the test mode files and the igo8 files on a sd card, i put the sd card into the machine boot it up it copies the files then once its finished it goes away but leaves a green box behind. i then try to go to start all progs then exploror but it seems to crash and i cant close the copy screen down to see the desktop what ever i seem to click either leaves a green box behind it or crashes the system

any help would be great also im new to this got the unit yesterday had a look last nite for a few hours and need some help.

just a few questions if people dont mind thanks,

is the igo8 software an updated of the original navigate maps already on the system ?

what do i actaully need to add a uk map is it the same as tom tom you just write over the existing maps on the system folder with the ones i want and it will change them ?

the maps i have found on the net are named "UnitedKingdom8_2008.04_080526" is this correct for uk maps ?

To install the maps do i have to be in testmode or can you do it from the standard screen which it loads ?

last question, the igo8 prog lanuncer is this instead of the origianl front end software which came with the unit or is it used to add items to the pionner software already installed

Thanks agian for all your help if you can email me post in here be so greatfull my email is shep91@googlemail.com

Thank again sebastian

• 2 weeks later...

im having a miserable time doing this

i followed the instructions, nothing

i have maps for germany from igo and a generic license

nothing

someone help

can someone put it together for me so all i need to do is copy over what they send me to the sd card and then just copy it over into the head unit?

i will paypal some cash for this, seriously