AVIC411.com

Custom XM Station Logos

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess this is not something you think we can ask of either XM or Pioneer to update for us? :?

I already tried to. This is what I wrote on some on the other posts regarding update the XM station logos:

I just got off the phone with Pioneer and they said that the station logos are updated through the Map Update discs. The next map update won't arrive until April '09! Lazy *** Pioneer :x . Take several hours to fix this and make your customers happy.

I'd be willing to pay someone on here, that has the skills to fix the station logos, $20 for their service

Well, I say that everyone should either:

1) Call them at 800.421.1404 (opt 2, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1) and let your voice be heard, or

2) email the message below to Pioneer at customer.support@pioneerservice.com

** Please forward this to the head (Manager) of Customer Service **

As you may or may not know, yesterday XM and Sirius completed their merger and changed the station lineup for their service. As a result, most all of the station logos displayed on your navigation units are missing. So, last night I emailed your department to ask about a fix.

Well, I just got off the phone with your customer service department and was told that the XM/Sirius station logos on all Pioneer units will be updated with the next Map Update due out in April. You are doing a disservice to your image when you're going to make ALL your customers that own a navigation display (Z-series, D-series, N-series & F-series) wait 6+ months to have their displays corrected.

Normally I could understand the wait...if XM or Sirius makes a slight changes to their station lineup. BUT, they just merged and more than 2/3 of the stations (and logos) have changed.

I'm not the only one venting my frustration. A browse at the AVIC411.com forums will show other customers that would like this resolved:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19377

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19359

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19365

Please don't make your loyal customers wait 6+ months and spend $120 to fix their displays.

S**** W.

AVIC-Z2 owner

looking at the lineup changes, for the sites that just changed channel number but still have the same program, wouldnt it work to just rename that file?

for example. channel 103 is now 157, so would it work to just rename that file? assuming the appropriate change was made in the .dat file.

incidently, I will get a mac but it will have to wait a while. I am saving up for the 24 inch iMac :lol:

27 is now 76

28 is now 75

52 is now 87

78 is now 28

94 is now 85

95 is now 86

96 is now 88

97 is now 89

113 is now 77

110 is now 78

112 is now 79

103 is now 157

128 is now 136

157 is now 160

244 is now 96

245 is now 125

105 is now 124

104 is now 128

246 is now 97

243 is now 95

I think for most of these we can get away with just renaming the files as well as making the appropriate changes in the .Dat file.

I counted at least 38 new icons total. there were 14 or 15 I was able to rename so that leaves 20-25 new icons that need to be created.

I have most of them in jpg format, I will post shortly.

icons.zip

The first post in this thread explains the process needed to make the changes.

you will need something that can exctract/create iso images

pim editor

jpg editior (photoshop)

and a burning program capable of burning an iso image to disc, (dual layer dvd)

also a hex editor, this is beyond me.

There is another thread somewhere in this forum where they discuss changing the icons, however I do not think anyone has attempted to change this many icons at one time.

dual layer dvd's are expensive. so I recommend we be patient until the guy who started this thread manages to get it down, he seems to know what he is doing.

Hopefully my theory about just renaming the icons that have changed channel numbers is valid, that will save some time.

Can someone get and post a list of the stations that show the logos (working), and the stations that are not working after the programming change?

for instance:

non-working channel no: channel name

20: XM 20 on 20

working channel no: channel name

28: Escape

The XM site has some channels titled like "BBC Radio One" but on the radio it shows as "BBC Radio 1" so can someone help out to get the right ones from the radio.

I'm working on the IMAGETBL.DAT file w/ Hex workshop. Should be easy if I can just get the channel names.

seems to me the best way would be to take a printout of the new program guide and go station by station, a bit of work but should doable.

I just downloaded a hex editor and opened up the .dat file. all the names show up, looks like I should be able to just change them.

I am burning another disc right now to see if I can see the 4 images the guy in orlando posted, if that works, I will try editing the dat file, if that works. I will edit the dat file using the names on the program guide.

update, no luck,

here is a list of sites that show up,

interesting, the stations that have a new channel number still show up fine, but if they have changed the name, they dont. xm chill is still the same number but now it is called sirius xm chill, it no longer shows the icon.

Now I am really confused.

xmicons.xls

Here's what I have so far, attached excel file. Someone should fill in the gaps and check for mistakes. Yes, its tedious. The hex structure of the file seems very easy to understand. You'll need to recalculate the string length at offset 2 for each station.

e.g.:

00 = begin structure

04 = channel number

07 = string length

04 = channel number

54686520343073000000000000000000 = The 40s

I have a prototype imagetbl.dat I'm testing now, will let you know how it works out.

Book2.xls