AVIC411.com

Bluetooth question

PIONEER NDBT1 BLUETOOTH ADAPTER

I'm thinking of getting one as well, just not sure if it's worth the 100+ bucks for it.

I have heard some people say background noise is an issue and other people with echo problems.

If anyone has experience with one and would like to post up their opinions on it that would be great too.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update to this bluetooth thread, I just wanted to say I have been using it for about a week now daily.

Callers have not complained about any background noise or echo when I asked them. My car is in no way a quiet car (actually, its quite loud) and people can hear me perfectly even on the highway.

People should note that bluetooth is actually not really that good of a wireless signal to start with, so if you hide the bluetooth receiver behind the dash your signal may suffer.

For best results the receiver should be in line of sight to your phone :)

I too have a Z1 updated to a z3 and also have the NDBT1 bluetooth adapter from Pioneer. I had the entire unit and accessories professionally installed. I dial and receive calls all the time in my SUV (04 gmc yukon) and people tell me they can hear me loud and clear - no echo or any complaints of background noise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I too have a Z1 updated to a z3 and also have the NDBT1 bluetooth adapter from Pioneer. I had the entire unit and accessories professionally installed. I dial and receive calls all the time in my SUV (04 gmc yukon) and people tell me they can hear me loud and clear - no echo or any complaints of background noise.

When I did the hard drive update to Z3, it fixed ALL the echo problems...

Just sayin'

Steve

• 2 months later...

Just set it up today in my old 4Runner. Not a quiet car at all and I had the sunroof open. My caller said he could hear me perfectly and they sounded great as well. BT module is hidden behind center console and the mic wire runs up through the a-pillar and clips onto visor.

Getting the mic as close to you as possible is key.

Just set it up today in my old 4Runner. Not a quiet car at all and I had the sunroof open. My caller said he could hear me perfectly and they sounded great as well. BT module is hidden behind center console and the mic wire runs up through the a-pillar and clips onto visor.

Getting the mic as close to you as possible is key.

Thanks for this. I have a 92 4Runner and I haven't got the BT module yet because I was worried about the noise. Strangely enough, I have my mic in almost the exact same spot as you. lol