AVIC411.com

My 2.0 issues have been fixed, by me.

After 2.0 issues with fixes

A. Blue tooth was very wonky with the iphone 3g, this was fixed by resetting up the connection from scratch, reloading phone book etc.

B. voice recognition with Ipod wasnt working right, this was fixed by allowing the VR catalog cycle to run and complete, worked great after that. (duh)

C. Ipod (iphone3g) control wasn't working right or charging, front/back with pac steerging wheel controls was barely working. The fix to all these problems was replacing the Pioneer ipod cable with a new one (apple branded, i wasn't going to give pioneer any more money) and EVERYTHING works great now.

Any other issues I had, i can't seem to remember now was fixed by doing setting resets to default, under the navigation menu, pressing the reset switch button, and loading the default language again.

Just thought id share, its a great unit! Uh except the XM logos being gone now, but owell what can you do I am sure this will be fixed soon enough.

Also all those little things you don't know if you don't read the manual.

A. If you hold down the Menu button it goes immediately to screen calibration,

B. if you hold down the map button it goes to screen brightness settings.

C. if you push the knob in it answers and hangs up the blue tooth calls.

D. There are a whole lot of voice commands and how to troublehsoot the issues with them, things like uh, talking too fast or too soon.

Makes me wonder how many people hate this thing, simply because they don't read the manual. Noble concept, but uh i didn't even read it thinking it was common sense, it is not!

Apple composite cable, however there does seem to be an issue with the pioneer waking up the ipod after the ipod goes into sleep mode, you need to wake up the ipod manually before you start the head unit up, or else unplug it then plug it back in to wake it up.

You can find this cable at best buy, walmart circuit city or wherever, if this doesn't solve that problem, you can alwasy return it, thats the beauty of buying stuff locally.

I do however, get an instance here and there, where it won't recognize the iPod upon startup and i have to unplug it/plug it in, but it happens so rarely it's not a bother.

Same exact thing happened to me lately, although like you said rarely, but still Pioneer needs to fix this problem. Pioneer give us a stable unit!

Just a follow up. I had the Apple cable installed and it still drops the connection. However when I changed the AV1 setting from Ipod to Video. I was able to use my Ipod just fine. Granted I lost the ability to control the Ipod through the deck but I at least can still listen to it and watch videos from the Ipod.

Hopefully Pioneer or Apple will update their software and this issue will be resolved soon.

Dave