AVIC411.com

How To: Turn The Redlight/Speedcam Features On.

Boris what do you think? I PM'd you a while back about the addition of an alert mute function added into this mod as an update. Do you think it is possible or likely? If so, that would be a great update to this mod.

I am testing someone else's modified speedcam file that gives a spoken notice about a camera once (Something like "Red Light Camera ahead. Speed Limit 30 mph"). Right now it only works in Russian and since it is not mine I am not at liberty to post it, but once it has been tested I am sure author will release it here.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boris what do you think? I PM'd you a while back about the addition of an alert mute function added into this mod as an update. Do you think it is possible or likely? If so, that would be a great update to this mod.

I am testing someone else's modified speedcam file that gives a spoken notice about a camera once (Something like "Red Light Camera ahead. Speed Limit 30 mph"). Right now it only works in Russian and since it is not mine I am not at liberty to post it, but once it has been tested I am sure author will release it here.

that sounds great. I was searching up and down were they store the info to loop alert1.wav when aproching a speedcam but never found it. sounds like the author found it. Cant wait for this release.

not that easy for me. i already downloaded a premodded data zip. and it would be much easier for me and a few others to add this to the other data zip

Well, let's be honest here, you can take my data.zip and follow Boris' suggestion, or you can take the data.zip provided in this thread and add my mods one at a time. If the former doesn't work, the latter shouldn't be that terribly complicated since I've detailed the "how to" of each mod in painstaking detail in my mods thread.

--Mav

You could simply apply files that are changed for speedcams (one line in SYS.TXT, not strictly necessary), speedcamXXX.ui, and placeXXX.ui on top of Mav's mods. I do not think his change any of these files...

ok folks i am gonna try to tackle this on my own. i hate to sound ignorant or annoying, but could you point me to where i have to change the line in

sys.txt and what to change it too?

and where to put

speedcamxxx.ui and placexxx.ui?

thank you!

To make it easier for everyone (and to save me from reading dozens of PMs):

in SYS.TXT, find [debug] section and add a line, if it's not there:

speedcam_enabled=1

Then:

extract the file from the attachment to SD card and copy ui_pioneer folder to APL2\iGO.

You will have settingXXX.ui files (to turn speedcamera functions on and off) and placeXXX.ui files to add/edit cams manually.

setting.rar

Is there any word when the author might release it. I understand he wants to make sure it works before he puts it out but something to keep me hopeful. Im still digging in the system to see if i can find it myself, But dont have all the time in the world. For the people complaining about adding mods. I add them in stages. I did mavs first. and saved the files then i copied them an added speedcam mod, and saved it. So i have a copy of ever big change i made prior to the new change. Helps if something goes wrong you dont have to start over.

When it is all good and ready, I suppose. FWIW it seems to work fine, and uses pretty standard radar warning patch for iGO (if you feel really adventurous you could download one from, say, http://www.gurjon.com ) but settings need to be adapted to our screen size...

Thanks i will give it a go. To bad the readme is also russian. me and babbelfish will be spending some time together this weekend. Also if that is the guy putting out the hack it says on the information page the are putting development on hold.