AVIC411.com

Newbie with a F700BT has a couple questions...

Hey Everyone,

I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone one the forum here who is helping us out...

I just bought today an AVIC-F700BT.

Here are my questions...

1) I'm going to do the MOD that will allow me to watch vids and use the GPS while driving....however, I read somewhere that this might disable the TTS....does that matter? Is TTS with the Ipod only? Is there TTS in the stereo itself?

2) Will my ZUNE 30 gig and my ZUNE 120 gig be able to hook up to the usb plug and what will I be able to control with the F700BT? Will I be able to scroll through the ZUNE using the F700BT? Can I watch movies loaded on my ZUNE through my F700BT?

Thanks again!!

Robert

I am not sure where you read hardware hackign will disable the Text to speech but that isn't true. It works for both the ipod/iphone and navigation just fine with it hacked as to not be disabled when driving.

As far as the zune goes, I don't have any idea if it will work at all via usb, other then being used as a mass storage device.

My guess is the only option is to hook it in to the line in port on the front of the unit, and control everything via the unit itself.

The only music player the f series is designed to control is the ipod or iphone strictly. There is no ability to control any music player via usb, unless of course its with the ipod adapter cable, and that is for the ipod.

1) I'm going to do the MOD that will allow me to watch vids and use the GPS while driving....however, I read somewhere that this might disable the TTS....does that matter? Is TTS with the Ipod only? Is there TTS in the stereo itself?

2) Will my ZUNE 30 gig and my ZUNE 120 gig be able to hook up to the usb plug and what will I be able to control with the F700BT? Will I be able to scroll through the ZUNE using the F700BT? Can I watch movies loaded on my ZUNE through my F700BT?

1) hardware bypass doesn't have any effect on TTS. TTS is part of the unit; not an addon. TTS is not what you control your iPod with; thats just voice commands. TTS is part of the navigation that tells you to "turn on Debbie Lane" instead of "Take the second left". The voice controls of the unit will let you control your iPod, change the A/V source and a limited number of phone commands.

2) Zune currently isnt supported; you'll have to plug it in A/V2 in the front and control it from the Zune itself.

Thank you again for the replies!

One last question...

If I upgrade my F700BT to the F900BT, will it just fit into the existing wiring harness or do I need to rewire the F900BT? What I'm saying is this...can I just unplug my 700...and plug the 900 into the existing connecters or are the wiring harnesses different between the 700BT and the 900BT?

I should also mention that I'm going to do the wire mod before I buy the 900BT...so no biggie right?

Robert

Yes you can hook up most mp3 players to the usb input and it will bring up most the info (artsit,song,album). The zune is not suported by the usb connection on just about any aftermarket cd player. i probably do 20-30 pioneer decks with the usb cable a week and everyone has worked with my insignia mp3 player, the only draw back is it doesn't do any video. Now an old installer had a zune and we couldn't get it to work on any brand we plugged into.

Just take the harness for the new one and hold it up to the old one and see if all the wiring matches up, if it does you should be good to go.

Thank you again for the replies!

One last question...

If I upgrade my F700BT to the F900BT, will it just fit into the existing wiring harness or do I need to rewire the F900BT? What I'm saying is this...can I just unplug my 700...and plug the 900 into the existing connecters or are the wiring harnesses different between the 700BT and the 900BT?

I should also mention that I'm going to do the wire mod before I buy the 900BT...so no biggie right?

Robert

A F900 has an input for the VSS wire and a Video out RCA; a F700 does not. Those are the only differences.