AVIC411.com

Newbie: Anyone running XM AND Sirius?

Hey gang...first post here.

Anyone running XM AND Sirius on the same box? I primarily listen to Sirius, but there are a few channels on XM that I like. I'd also be interested in the Traffic-stuff on my Z1.

Is it possible to have both? Crutchfield said No, but I thought I'd give yall a shot at the question.

Thanks!

-MrDoug
I have both, as well as ipod like the previous poster. No problems at all

[quote name="MrDoug"]Hey gang...first post here.

Anyone running XM AND Sirius on the same box? I primarily listen to Sirius, but there are a few channels on XM that I like. I'd also be interested in the Traffic-stuff on my Z1.

Is it possible to have both? Crutchfield said No, but I thought I'd give yall a shot at the question.

Thanks!

-MrDoug[/quote]
Any xm tuner with a P in the model number will work on the Z1. For the best display and navtraffic capability though, go with the GEXP10XMT

[quote name="MrDoug"]Anyone know which XM receivers work on the Z1?

If I had to do it over again, I'd have ordered the PNR-1 for my Sirius receiver. I see NO benefit to getting the PNR-2. I'm wondering if there is a similar scenario for the XM box.

Great tips guys...thanks![/quote]
[quote name="BigFloppy"] [quote name="Lucky_Bagota"]Make sure you leave at least 18" inches between both antennas when you install them.[/quote]
I've got mine side by side without any issues (Sirius, GPS, XM) in that order[/quote]

Yea, I also have my GPS and XM next to each other.

Is there any truth to the 18" spacing?