AVIC411.com

Buying Online/MSN Subscription

Hello, new here and have looked around a little, Im looking to buy the F900BT, and its on sale aat crutchfield right now, even get a free rear camera, all for like 780, sounds good to me.

But my question is i can get the 90BT Primere one, with better pre-volts (im almost sure thast the correct term without looking it up...4v vs the 2.2v) at onlinecarstereo.com for 700, this would be the better unit i figure for sound quality.

My question is, if i purchase it from an online retailer such as onlinecarstereo.com , i figure the seriel number will be scratched out like most online retailers which offer steep discounts, and if this is the case, will i still be able to get the MSN subscription if i choose to use it?

Or should i just stick with Crutchfield so i know its a unit that will be covered under pioneer in the event i have any problems with it.

Thanks alot. Im looking to purchase today or tomarow (dec 5th) since i doubt the sale on crutchfield will last long

Hello, new here and have looked around a little, Im looking to buy the F900BT, and its on sale aat crutchfield right now, even get a free rear camera, all for like 780, sounds good to me.

But my question is i can get the 90BT Primere one, with better pre-volts (im almost sure thast the correct term without looking it up...4v vs the 2.2v) at onlinecarstereo.com for 700, this would be the better unit i figure for sound quality.

My question is, if i purchase it from an online retailer such as onlinecarstereo.com , i figure the seriel number will be scratched out like most online retailers which offer steep discounts, and if this is the case, will i still be able to get the MSN subscription if i choose to use it?

Or should i just stick with Crutchfield so i know its a unit that will be covered under pioneer in the event i have any problems with it.

Thanks alot. Im looking to purchase today or tomarow (dec 5th) since i doubt the sale on crutchfield will last long

I thought that was a good deal to until I picked up this one for $570 shipped..no tax.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-5-8-GPS-AVI ... 7C294%3A50

Yes, its a refurb, but it's a Pioneer Manufacturer Refurb with warranty, and all brand new cables, antenna. I honestly could not tell it wasnt brand new.

And with the 30% fatwallet/Microsoft Live cash back rebate...it was a STEAL.

I know when i had a old HU and was hooking up Sirius, it gave me a number to use on the HU itself, not the seriel number..

So if i purchase one online...ill be good to go and still able to use the MSN? If thats the case the hell yea, ill just get the 90BT ....where do you find the product key? is it apart of the packaging or somting inside the HU.

thanks for the quick replys everyone

(i know its a repetitive question, but just want to do a final confirm before i do buy from a online place otehr than Crutchfield or BB or somting)

The serial number is scratched out??? I would send that back in a heartbeat. In fact, I would call my credit card company and get my money back and take the stereo straight to the cops with all documentation. There is no legitimate reason in this world to scratch out a serial number.

I bought my F90 on the 'bay for $510 (after rebates) and it came totally sealed with all serial numbers intact. The unit displays a keycode that you enter into the MSN website to activate the service.

A nice thing I didn't realize is that you get 3 free months of MSN Direct—no credit cards or anything. That's plenty of time to see if the service is worth keeping or not.

The serial number is scratched out??? I would send that back in a heartbeat. In fact, I would call my credit card company and get my money back and take the stereo straight to the cops with all documentation. There is no legitimate reason in this world to scratch out a serial number.

I bought a Alpine amp on ebay and it didnt come with seiel numbers, but sealed perfectly in the box with everything (i didnt check the sub for them), i was refered to this person to buy it from another guy on a forum, he told me that since they are selling the amp at such a low cost they have to do that in order for the amp not to get traced back to them and get introuble though Alpine because they are selling it cheaper than they are suposed to.

I bought my F90 on the 'bay for $510 (after rebates) and it came totally sealed with all serial numbers intact. The unit displays a keycode that you enter into the MSN website to activate the service.

A nice thing I didn't realize is that you get 3 free months of MSN Direct—no credit cards or anything. That's plenty of time to see if the service is worth keeping or not.

what seller did you go with, you have a link? and also what rebates? was it this 40% off thing i see floatin around which i think has expired allready? I wont have the cash till next week but i though about just payin off a credit card first and then goin for the HU. and good call about the 3 months free thing, i checked the coverage and im outside san fran and i get coveraged all along I5 down to LA, looks like im in the right location