AVIC411.com

iPhone defaulting to map

I just paired a new 3G iPhone to my 700 and all works fairly well, but each time I place a call, it puts me in map mode regardless of the source selected prior to making the call. I also had to transfer my contacts more than once to get them to stick. On first try each time (after resetting), the system reboots and captures only some of my contacts. If I transfer a second time, it seems to take them.

On the advice of tech support, I've also tried reverting to bluetooth software version 2.9 with no change.

Has anyone seen anything similar, any ideas?

The unit needs to display the phone answer/hangup buttons as well as the phone number/name call status. The only screen this shows up on is the navigation map. So it automatically switches to this as soon as someone calls or you call someone and it switches to the bluetooth in call mode.

I am sure this is by design, I guess its better to have you stare at the navigation map, especially if your in a route since there is no voice prompting if your speakers are being used for blue tooth calling.

This seems like this is an iPhone issue only, is that true? I just replaced an LG 8700, and although that presented different problems, it did not default to map. It would function properly in the iPod mode, or FM screen for instance, but considering the other issues it had, I do not know which was the bug.

They said the annoying blue/green boxes displayed on the map with no route programed was a "feature, not a bug" also but we see that was a crock as well. I don't so much have a problem with the map being displayed while on a call I just wish you could access the nav features while in this mode. The D3 was capable of this so it can be done and I do consider it a problem as well.