AVIC411.com

Enabling 3D buildings on 700Bt?

Either they didn't give us any in Minneapolis, Mn or the 700bt isn't enabled for it. I've dumped the 3dc and 3dl files for minnesota into /apl2/igo/content/building/

i am using the "hacked" ezrider and have successfully installed updated maps to 2008.4 ....

i assume there's code that pioneer uses to cripple the 700bt to entice people to buy the 900bt to get the 3d feature ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also... are landmarks turned on in settings?

Default Pioneer settings screen does not have control for building display so add this to SYS,TXT:

[debug]

enable_buildings=1

I will post a settings file that has proper support for them later on...

Also, I just checked. It looks like Pioneer did not include even a landmark file for Minnesota at all. So you'll want to grab 3DL and 3DC files from the same place you got maps from and dump them into APL2\iGO\Content\Building folder. Download (at least the one I have) includes both files for MN...

Default Pioneer settings screen does not have control for building display so add this to SYS,TXT:

[debug]

enable_buildings=1

I will look for that later. Thanks for all you do Boris! :)

You're very welcome.

BTW, updated setting.ui is in Progress Report thread.

Settings don't persist yet... I'll have to see if I want to make the main variable permanent or have a save copy and reload it on startup...

Pretty much yes. With just the setting in SYS.TXT it will always show buildings. Setting.ui file just lets you control it.

I don't know how good coverage is in MN. In Chicago, all of downtown and near South side, West side and North side are covered to Lakeview or so. Areas further out aren't...

Looking at Minneapolis, it seems to be mostly the area bounded by I-94, I35, river, and north up to 3rd Ave...

[debug]

enable_buildings=1

Specifically where is this file? I looked in the .ui folder and a few other places and didn't see anyhting that resembled SYS,TXT...