AVIC411.com

Enabling 3D buildings on 700Bt?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In color.ini file is a reference to 3D terrain feature (nice color transition which is related to the terrain height) - dayheightcolormap.bmp

I have changed all available color schemes of the maps, but there is no way to get this feature. I do not know what should be the problem .

This is a bit off topic, but I believe that is close enough to 3D building problems . . .

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

So far i havent seen one 3d building in california. Which is strange because its the biggest size file. I loaded up the hacked ezrider and licnese folder.

I got a copy of USA_California.3dl and placed it inside of content/building

made sure

enable_buildings=1

was in my sys.txt and not a one. I thought for sure LA would have some i didnt drive but moved my finger across the map till i got to la but nothing showed up.

any ideas.

bobD - heightcolormap refers to painting 3D landscape, not buildings. If you zoom out far enough you will see мер the map looks rather 3-dimensional. If you are in a mountanous area, you will see it even with smaller scale...

halfelite -- 3DL files are landmarks only. I.e. whatever it is on the corner of W. Temple and N. Spring, but they are not everything. If you want yto see buildings, you need 3DC files as well.

bobD - heightcolormap refers to painting 3D landscape, not buildings. If you zoom out far enough you will see мер the map looks rather 3-dimensional. If you are in a mountanous area, you will see it even with smaller scale...

halfelite -- 3DL files are landmarks only. I.e. whatever it is on the corner of W. Temple and N. Spring, but they are not everything. If you want yto see buildings, you need 3DC files as well.

thanks I will load the 3dl file when i get home. Also is there a more detialed terrian map then is shown. I know the setting says high. But it doesnt look very high.

There is a more detailed terrain map, but it is 254MB for USA and another 106 for Canada... not sure if there is enough free space on the flash drive to put it on...

Ye i tried that and it told me there wasnt enough space. I wonder if there is a line to add to sys.txt for dem to read the sd card for the dem file. I know there is a way to make it read maps from the sd card.

Is there any pictures of this unit open. I wonder what kind of flash memory they are using. and if you can upgrade it. Im finding the biggest limitation of this unit is space lol. Im really tempted to pull mine apart.

Thanks Boris.

Another small question . . I was looking at color.ini file and found this:

heightcolormap="$skin$/common/dayheightcolormap.bmp

The "skin" folder (subfolder) is something that i could not find anywhere under IGO folder. The dayheightcolormap.bmp exists actually in ui_pioner/common folder . .

I would greatly appreciate your opinion.

Thanks, Bob

Thanks Boris.

Another small question . . I was looking at color.ini file and found this:

heightcolormap="$skin$/common/dayheightcolormap.bmp

The "skin" folder (subfolder) is something that i could not find anywhere under IGO folder. The dayheightcolormap.bmp exists actually in ui_pioner/common folder . .

I would greatly appreciate your opinion.

Thanks, Bob

You're welcome. $skin$ is a pointer to whatever the currently active skin is. In our case it always is ui_pioneer.

If you put a line in SYS.TXT to look at SD card for content folder, it will work for DEM (landscape) files, too...

Will it only look in the sd card or will it check flashdisc first then sd

It will look at whatever path you store there.

You're welcome. $skin$ is a pointer to whatever the currently active skin is. In our case it always is ui_pioneer.

Hi Boris. Thanks a lot again for your help.

Here is the problem: despite that the file "dayheightcolormap.bmp" exists in "Ui_pioneer" folder, I cannot get the 3 dimensional look of the terrain. I have zoomed my 3D map all a way to the end, and I have got the map picture which is jagged at the last top quarter of the screen (please see the attached picture). Looks that the part of the map picture which is approximately positioned at the same place where is supposed to be "blue box" is simply "disabled". There is no details above one very straight line. For your info, I do have Igo8 om my PDA and this 3D terrain feature is fully and nicely shown ( I am living in a "mountainous" area). I suspect that Pioneer disabled this feature purposely for some reason (memory usage or so . . )

I would be verry happy If you have any explanation or fix for this problem.

Best regards, Bob

post-23534-12872756522374_thumb.jpg

Here is the problem: despite that the file "dayheightcolormap.bmp" exists in "Ui_pioneer" folder, I cannot get the 3 dimensional look of the terrain. I have zoomed my 3D map all a way to the end, and I have got the map picture which is jagged at the last top quarter of the screen (please see the attached picture). Looks that the part of the map picture which is approximately positioned at the same place where is supposed to be "blue box" is simply "disabled". There is no details above one very straight line. For your info, I do have Igo8 om my PDA and this 3D terrain feature is fully and nicely shown ( I am living in a "mountainous" area). I suspect that Pioneer disabled this feature purposely for some reason (memory usage or so . . )

I would be verry happy If you have any explanation or fix for this problem.

Best regards, Bob

I live in Illinois which is basically flat, but with Xerces color schemes if I zoom out far enough (much further than on your screenshot) I do get 3D terrain view. I'll compare to what I can get if running on my phone and see if it looks better there. Also, the default DEM file isn't terribly detailed, so I would not expect every local hill to show up...

I live in Illinois which is basically flat, but with Xerces color schemes if I zoom out far enough (much further than on your screenshot) I do get 3D terrain view. I'll compare to what I can get if running on my phone and see if it looks better there. Also, the default DEM file isn't terribly detailed, so I would not expect every local hill to show up...

Boris,

Just to let you know that the screenshot shows the maximum zoom-out (not just far enough) that I have been able to do. Is there any "ini" file which defines maximum zoom-out or how far the details could be shown. The real distance from the bottom of the screenshot to the top "vanishing" point is about 3/4 mile - as you can see after this straight line there is nothing? If there are two colors (town zone and forest - for example) painted inside this area that is going to be shown as a mix of jagged blotches. I have changed several different color schemes - no improvements . . .

Thanks again for all your efforts,

BobD