[map]

3d_max_tiltlevel=8550

3d_max_zoomlevel=300

3d_max_zfar=400

auto_nightmode=0

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=1000

3dcarsizemax=3000

I imagine 3d_max_zoomlevel (and 3d_min_zoomlevel) might give you something...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could try playing with these values:

[map]

3d_max_tiltlevel=8550

3d_max_zoomlevel=300

3d_max_zfar=400

auto_nightmode=0

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=1000

3dcarsizemax=3000

I imagine 3d_max_zoomlevel (and 3d_min_zoomlevel) might give you something...

Hi Boris and thanks for the proposed values.

I was playing this weekend with a different values for zoom and tilt. It works perfect. Now, I am able to get much better angles in 3D map.

Unfortunately, looks that Pioneer's version of IGO does not "understand" DEM files which is essential for getting elevation data. Without elevation data "dayheightcolormap.bmp" simply does not "paint" the map. I was driving with my PDA Igo8 GPS which clearly painted landscape shapes and colors. The same terrain shown on Pioneer F700BT was totally flat . . .

It looks that Pioneer has intentionally disabled this Igo feature . . .

BobD

Well, they did include DEM files with the unit, and landscape does show up in 2D map. It might be that the landscape on the unit is not very datailed, and a more exaggerated heightmap would help. I think there are some replacement heightmap files on, say, i-go8.com...

Well, they did include DEM files with the unit, and landscape does show up in 2D map. It might be that the landscape on the unit is not very datailed, and a more exaggerated heightmap would help. I think there are some replacement heightmap files on, say, i-go8.com...

Thanks again Boris.

There is the fix for the landscape problem. Actualy, the DEM file which I have in my IGO 8 (for PDA) did work in my Pioneer unit. I have replaced the original DEM file from Pioneer with that one from IGO 8. It works perfect - all landscapes, mountains etc. are now nicely painted and visible. Pretty much realistic 3D scenery of the landscape. Even more, the horizon line that I see trough my windshield has the same shape that I have now at the screen of my F700BT unit.

Best regards, BobD :)

There should be tons of them... Torrent trackers might be a place to check...

For those who could not see buildings -- Real View color scheme has very good building visibility. Of course then you don't see anything else in downtowns... :D

Real View color scheme

Is there any other official color scheme than the 2 basic coming with the Avic ? Since there is an option to change color scheme, i would have expected Pioneer to provide us more color scheme than the original ones...

Can you tell me where can i download and how to install other scheme like the one you mentionned ?

Thanks.

BorisM,

Looks like I found most everything. Is the basemap still dated 2007? I'm still not seeing any buildings around me yet. When I drive into work tomorrow maybe I will see more.

Thanks for all the help.

Basemap I think is still the same (continents don't change shape that often). There are US maps a bit newer than the ones on the unit, though.

Real View color scheme

Is there any other official color scheme than the 2 basic coming with the Avic ? Since there is an option to change color scheme, i would have expected Pioneer to provide us more color scheme than the original ones...

Can you tell me where can i download and how to install other scheme like the one you mentionned ?

Thanks.

Check the Color Schemes thread here, I post all I find in there. You can also use any iGO 8 color scheme you find,m with minimal changes...

BorisM, first off thank you for everything that you do here! I have dubbed you the Mad Scientist to my tech friends (so they know who I am talking about when I run out to my truck every 15 minutes...).

I have found the current 3DL and 3DC files as well as an newer DEM file. They have all been placed in the correct folders. I have added the line to the SYS and in comparing my settings to yours, I saw that I needed to add this,

With all of this done, I still see no buildings. Even in Downtown Los Angeles I cannot find a single building. Can you give me any idea what I might be missing?

Thank you in advance,

Terry

Hmmm... If you did add things to setting.ui, can you go to Visual settings page and make sure that building display is turned on. Also, you need a) hacked ezrider.exe, B) license file, c) 3DC files. If you have all of these and it sdtill does not work we'll need to troubleshoot it...

Thank you again Sir... Im not sure how I missed the ezrider.exe hack install.... But I did.

DL'd it, installed it, and now have buildings!

I am not aware of anywhere on this site where donations are solicited, but there are a few people here who I would like to either, a. donate to directly or b. donate to the forum in their names...

Let me know if this is possible!

Terry