AVIC411.com

Avoid the F700 at all costs... really

Any way, it sux either way that he got a bumb HU and from what seeing w/the one I'm getting rid of so did I. Problem is I couldn't return it. Circuit City closed all it's stores in AZ and they sold as is. Those bastards didn't even provide a manual. Good thing there is always online!!!

circuit city is able to deliver customer dissatisfaction even with their stores closing.. only they could pull that off

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is my first post as I have been reading on this site for like 3 nights now...anyways... That dude to me seems to have got a bum unit!! And about the thread that got out of hand...lol...I read the first post and knew right then and there what was going to happen!! hahah.......anyways...im back off to read somemore!!

• 2 weeks later...
LOL!

I have no experience with the 90, only the F700BT. I deal with everything on this post every day. If I can save one person from my experience, then I've done well. If you disagree, then maybe you should buy a F700BT and see for yourself.

-glenn

hmm.. funny, I've been running my F700BT for close to 6 months now and installed Pioneer's software update immediately after I installed it (if you were really as savvy as you say you would have been able to put this thing in yourself btw.. this unit was CAKE to install) .. every small computer will have a boot period.. Thats just the way it is. The more processes it has to start up the longer it will take. Go and fire up your laptop or desktop pc with a few graphics intensive applications running on startup and try to start messing with it immediately .. I bet its going to piss you off too because it does the same thing. Only once have I had the F700 lock up on me, and it was my own fault so doesn't really count. Rapidly power cycle any computer and it will lock up. I've not had any of the problems you describe when making or receiving phone calls. I'm a IT professional and constantly on the move with my blackberry.. the F700 has taken all I could toss at it and kept on ticking. This is my personal opinion but I think you were expecting far too much from this unit and were far too impatient to get the proper updates to fix the bugs you have. I hope you've since replaced the unit with something simple that you can easily use. .. I hear in-dash single DIN 8 tracks are making a comeback. :wink: