AVIC411.com

help! no words are being displayed!

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone here's had a similar problem and can help me out. After installing my f-90bt and a successful test boot, a couple of hours later, my avic booted up and stopped displaying any words :( .

The icons are there, but any warning boxes that popped up are empty. The settings button, everything in there, and the phone button are all empty. I can't even maneuver through to fiddle with settings b/c I have no clue what I'm changing. Any ideas?!?

Thanks!

topmenu.jpg

settings.jpg

Crap. From the responses, it looks like I found a totally new problem. I didn't do any modding and wasn't ever in test mode. I hooked everything up, booted it to see if it worked properly (it did), then closed my dashboard back up, and on the next boot up, it ended up like that.

Initial thought was that some file somehow got corrupt (all the functions work, I just can't read anything) so I'm going to try a reinstall of the 2.0 update. I read some other post that a fresh install could help clear up some odd problems. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the inputs though.

Crap. From the responses, it looks like I found a totally new problem. I didn't do any modding and wasn't ever in test mode. I hooked everything up, booted it to see if it worked properly (it did), then closed my dashboard back up, and on the next boot up, it ended up like that.

Initial thought was that some file somehow got corrupt (all the functions work, I just can't read anything) so I'm going to try a reinstall of the 2.0 update. I read some other post that a fresh install could help clear up some odd problems. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the inputs though.

wow thats crazy, sorry to hear about your misfortune especially since you didn't bring it down on yourself

I would do as Boris suggests, try reinstalling the update, if that doesn't work, you'll be mailin the unit to Pioneer for some repair time

• 2 weeks later...