AVIC411.com

Pioneer finally wants to listen!! Read this.

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us, Cranbers.

I'm fairly sure however quite some people do not agree with you.

And yes lawyer make money out of these cases. But I don't mind than; Pioneer is making a lot of money too. The only one loosing is us users. We spend more than 1200 Euro's which is about 1700 dollars for a lousy product.

BTW, I'm also pretty sure nobody is really looking for a refund, but rather for the necessary updates to have a better working device (I'm not even talking about "perfecty working", just better working, at an acceptable quality level). But the device "as is", is really below par. Just for info; my wife has a 269€ Tomtom device which works WAY better. (and yes, navigation is their core-business.)

I'm still in for a lawsuit and will create a thread to see how we can organize and make sure we have the necessary headcount to at least put some pressure on Pioneer to bring out the necessary bugfixes, or if they are unable to do so, to at least foresee a refund for the people that cannot live with the defects. And if you are right about the fact that it is just a minority complaining, than that will be no problem. However, if I see how popular this thread is (by far #1 in number of "reads", even more that the stickies), I doubt it however. And of course, you can keep yours if you like.

And I fail to see why even a niche product - which is quite expensive - is allowed to have defects. And the fact that they have gone to the cheapest supplier to make even more money on us, honestly, is not at all my problem...

What I know is that I have spent a lot of money on a device that is not working as it should according to the specifications. If after several friendly phone calls to Pioneer and some other less friendly phone calls to them they are still not listening to our voices, well then we have to find another way. I'm not a big fan of lawsuits, but if that is what has to be done, then I will do it that way. In the end, they have had more than enough chances to answer our questions via the regular channels.

So to all unhappy users; keep an eye on this forum to see the new thread appear.

To be continued!!

P.S. Dear Cranbers, don't take this personal please. I have the fullest respect for your opinion, and I'm convinced in your situation it makes a lot of sense. Thank you for understanding our point of view too.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your respect, I appreciate it, no need to start a flame war here.

In regards to what you said, I do agree they could do more work on this product. With 2.0 out the door, can you point out 3 very specific show stopper bugs, that is present on every unit that would warrent a lawsuit? You personally, what is it about this unit that does not meet your expectations that forces you to keep the unit yet want to sue the hell out of pioneer for it? Did it harm your baby? Did it cut off a limb? Did it poison you? Did it cause your car to die? Did it destroy something? Get you into an accident? or is it unique to certain configurations, not easilly reproducable? What was it that was published about this product you do not get? Because from what I see, they have covered all basis, everything works, as advertised, and I don't see where they overpromised and under deliverd at this point with 2.0. Bluetooht is a bit quiet, but eh, thats about it. But it does work.

Suing a company is a major major action to take, and all im trying to figure out is, with 2.0 out the door, what is the issue your talkinga bout that warrents such an action? I would love to understand, just answer that one 3 part question.

Also, don't bother using the thread reads to show how many people are interested in this, those are not unique visitors, those re reads, which me and you prob have 40 or 50 those of those. One for each post anyway.

also the name of this thread is, pioneer wants to listen, not lets sue pioneer over a shitty door stop.

Besides this whole thread was proven debunk anyways as those guys who said they wold listen, didnt give a shit. and have no say in anything anyway, they have a name tag that says pioneer and they were given a demo class on how this thing works, so with that in mind. Not really much else to say is there. Thread should be closed out and a new one started, continueing the old one, who wants to sue pioneer for the f series ! Back from prior oct 29th.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your respect, I appreciate it, no need to start a flame war here.

In regards to what you said, I do agree they could do more work on this product. With 2.0 out the door, can you point out 3 very specific show stopper bugs, that is present on every unit that would warrent a lawsuit? You personally, what is it about this unit that does not meet your expectations that forces you to keep the unit yet want to sue the hell out of pioneer for it? Did it harm your baby? Did it cut off a limb? Did it poison you? Did it cause your car to die? Did it destroy something? Get you into an accident? or is it unique to certain configurations, not easilly reproducable? What was it that was published about this product you do not get? Because from what I see, they have covered all basis, everything works, as advertised, and I don't see where they overpromised and under deliverd at this point with 2.0. Bluetooht is a bit quiet, but eh, thats about it. But it does work.

Suing a company is a major major action to take, and all im trying to figure out is, with 2.0 out the door, what is the issue your talkinga bout that warrents such an action? I would love to understand, just answer that one 3 part question.

Also, don't bother using the thread reads to show how many people are interested in this, those are not unique visitors, those re reads, which me and you prob have 40 or 50 those of those. One for each post anyway.

also the name of this thread is, pioneer wants to listen, not lets sue pioneer over a shitty door stop.

Besides this whole thread was proven debunk anyways as those guys who said they wold listen, didnt give a shit. and have no say in anything anyway, they have a name tag that says pioneer and they were given a demo class on how this thing works, so with that in mind. Not really much else to say is there. Thread should be closed out and a new one started, continueing the old one, who wants to sue pioneer for the f series ! Back from prior oct 29th.

1. System crashes and reboots occasionally and randomly.

2. System is sluggish and unresponsive to button presses.

3. After disconnecting from a phone call, system hangs for up to 2 minutes.

4. Back up camera takes 10 seconds to engage, meaning its useless to me and others who don't sit and wait in the car before backing out.

5. SD Card playback is still slow and often unresponsive.

I could keep going. 2.0 is still bad.

Well I dont have ANY of those problems, so its unique to your unit, or your configuration. Those that have similar problems to you probably have a similar setup.

Keep in mind I don't use sd card or a backup camera.

I have zero reboots, in fact I only had maybe 2 in the last 6 months, prior to 2.0.

Call hangup is 5 to 10 seconds, if that. Zero problems with button responses, nothing compare to prior 2.0 which is what im comparing to. For me the presses are almost instant after touching them, providing you touch the button in the right area.

My only complaint as stated before is the bluetooth mic sound volume.

So I would say there is an issue with your camera, SD card, or the unit itself.

So in that regard, it makes sense why your having issues and im not.

I use bluetooth, xm module, but I haven't had a use for the sd card slot or dvd player given I have an iphone.

Well I dont have ANY of those problems, so its unique to your unit, or your configuration. Those that have similar problems to you probably have a similar setup.

Keep in mind I don't use sd card or a backup camera.

I have zero reboots, in fact I only had maybe 2 in the last 6 months, prior to 2.0.

Call hangup is 5 to 10 seconds, if that. Zero problems with button responses, nothing compare to prior 2.0 which is what im comparing to. For me the presses are almost instant after touching them, providing you touch the button in the right area.

My only complaint as stated before is the bluetooth mic sound volume.

So I would say there is an issue with your camera, SD card, or the unit itself.

So in that regard, it makes sense why your having issues and im not.

I use bluetooth, xm module, but I haven't had a use for the sd card slot or dvd player given I have an iphone.

Sounds like you do have the call hangup problem, but maybe its not as bad as mine. And you would have the SD and camera problem if you used them I imagine. How can you say you dont have it if you havent tried? I have used several high quality SD cards, and I have a 120 dollar Kenwood camera, so its not my components.

You say you have zero reboots, then say you had 2.

You say yours isn't sluggish, but only compared to before (implying it still may be sluggish, i.e. almost an instant).

I think you are just being far too forgiving of the unit. You have the same problems I do, you just are not holding the unit up to a decent standard.

I am saying, the unit works fine now, for me. I have zero problems to the extent of talking about a lawsuit.

All my problems were prior to 2.0, that being said, I have no use for a backup camera, if I had a truck maybe, but a car, seriously?

I am not being too forgiving, perhaps you guy sar ejust being too damn picky and think things, which are man made should work like it came out of a science fiction movie.

Slow button response, it is 100 percent improved from prior to 2.0, as far as the measurment goes, I push a button, a button sound happens, the next screen appears, you are implying it takes 5 seconds plus like it used to, so by definition that is about as fast as you can push the buttons.

I just think your standards are unrealistic, especially considering the improvements implemented in 2.0. You are acting like this u nit is still just as bad as release, and well, I ahve to say its a light and day difference. Thats about it.

I am saying, the unit works fine now, for me. I have zero problems to the extent of talking about a lawsuit.

All my problems were prior to 2.0, that being said, I have no use for a backup camera, if I had a truck maybe, but a car, seriously?

I am not being too forgiving, perhaps you guy sar ejust being too damn picky and think things, which are man made should work like it came out of a science fiction movie.

Slow button response, it is 100 percent improved from prior to 2.0, as far as the measurment goes, I push a button, a button sound happens, the next screen appears, you are implying it takes 5 seconds plus like it used to, so by definition that is about as fast as you can push the buttons.

I just think your standards are unrealistic, especially considering the improvements implemented in 2.0. You are acting like this u nit is still just as bad as release, and well, I ahve to say its a light and day difference. Thats about it.

Its just a matter of what we are willing to put up with. My ipod, blackberry work great. They were cheaper and do tons of things. I want the AVIC-F to work as well as they do. I dont think thats asking too much.

I admit 2.0 *is* and improvement, but it was *really* bad before, now its just bad.

Lets agree to disagree, it seems lots of people are split on this forum. I think the point of the lawsuit would be to get Pioneer to improve the unit, or at least give me my money back so I can get something that works as well as it should (in my reasonable opinion).

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if Pioneer is still "listening" but here are my gripes:

1. Sirius integration. The preset buttons work like physical buttons. When programming a preset it doesn't show the station that was programmed on the preset (or that its programmed at all). So when I want to go back later and add a preset, I have to figure out what preset is not programmed and then go back to the station I want to program to the preset button and save it. Something I would expect with physical buttons. (presets are not even mentioned in the operational manual)

2. Nav guidance says "continue going straight" way too often.

3. VR data does not upload everytime.

4. Phone (iPhone 3G) just does not often connect at all for some reason.

5. Bluetooth quality is poor.

6. Arrow in maps is way too large in 3D.

7. 2D maps should have the option to point in the direction I am heading like the 3D maps.

8. iPod album art is grainy when made large.

9. Volume knob should work when on a call (not just the on screen buttons)

10. iPod should pause when on a call and not just mute.

11. EQ should have a professional mode so I can adjust each band individually.

12. MSNDirect usually does not update gas station names for some reason.

13. No FM radio station identification. Where (in my area) 107.7 would display "107.7 The Bone - Song name"

14. Display button for Sirius channel and programming data should have an alternate feature. Don't make me choose between artist, song or composer. Have one option that alternates between all three so I can see all information.

15. Scroll artist, composer and song information so when its truncated. So for example on Howard Stern, I don't just see "Paul McCartney" I see "Paul McCartney in Studio" scrolling.

Hi all,

As I'm not happy with my F900bt, I'm on my dealer's tail to get the latest information about what Pioneer is doing.

NOW it seems that Pioneer was willing to discontinue software development on the F-series and rather focus on a new product. But many dealers disagreed and complained. That made Pioneer change its direction and now a LIMITED team of developers is working to improve the F-series.

The update -probably the last update the will publish - is foreseen for the March-April time frame. HOWEVER, this new update will only work with new maps (are they trying to make more money??), meaning that to install the update you need to purchase the latest maps. (Which are not cheap.) I tought my dealer was joking when he told this. But he confirmed me he is not. Pioneer, he also said, though might be willing to make a commercial effort to the existing F-series owners to sell the maps at a better price.

But I'm not interested AT ALL in an expense map-update after 6 month already. The actual maps I have are still OK and I'd rather purchase an update in one year of even two.

P.S. I got an Avic D3 as replacement until the F-series software is fixed. The D3 has less functionalities, but at least works fine. Volumes are stable, bluetooth is working quite well and volume is controlled via the main knob, start-up time is less then 5 seconds, response time are virutally instant, ... , ... Pioneer knows how to build good product, I REALLY don't understand how in the world they have ever brought out a product like the F-series!!!!!!!

Will keep you people posted if and when I get more news!!!

There is absolutely no way any dealer would have this info. Most likely this info was feed to him by someone at Pioneer that doesn't know his ass from his head. This is not the first time someone has claimed to have inside info as to the future of a product only to be dead wrong later. This should be taken with a grain of salt.

Everyone just needs to realize that this is what most big corporations do. They release the product and support for the shortest time possible and as soon as sales start to drop they will discontinue it. It's costly to support things like this. Looks how ofter cellphones being released and how quickly the support them stops. Most don't even have any updates at all.

I'm not defending Pioneer nor any other corporation but that's just how it is.

Everyone just needs to realize that this is what most big corporations do. They release the product and support for the shortest time possible and as soon as sales start to drop they will discontinue it. It's costly to support things like this. Looks how ofter cellphones being released and how quickly the support them stops. Most don't even have any updates at all.

I'm not defending Pioneer nor any other corporation but that's just how it is.

100% agreement S4, I don't like it either, but it's part of life now.