AVIC411.com

STARTUP PICTURE ON D2

• 5 months later...
I followed the guide from the above post and I have been searching as well....All I want to do is update the startup graphic. The alternate disc I made worked fine as a backup the process that is in the post is flawless and I got it to work the first time (as a backup disc) but it doesn't change the startup screen. I think you have to reset the unit as if it were new and reload the new burned disc for it to work. But I dunno thats what I think, I don't want to lose all my information that I have stored just to change the startup graphic.
Sorry to post again so shortly after the first but I did more searching (patience is a virtue) and I did find out that all you have to do (if you properly burned the disc) is hit the reset button under the directional knob and your custom startup screen will appear! I am now enjoying my custom graphic.

P.S. you will not lose your memory i.e. your address book, or 3D calibration just your recent destinations will be gone.

matt
  • 1 month later...
still lost... been looking for hours it seems to find how to change the "startup"/"boot"/"loading" image. a question for it is in one of the BG DIY's but i could not find an answer. this thread is kinda ambigous too...

surely, this must be simple. anyone please? thanks.
Make sure that the file name, and extension is in ALL CAPS. Apparently this makes a difference, at least in my D2. When I burned a copy of the disc, to add custom wallpapers, and the file name was in lowercase, the unit didn't see the files at all.
  • 1 month later...
same problem.. is the loading screen a .PIM file? I hate wasting these DL disk for trial and error. I spent $70 on a DL DVD burner just for this alone, so each disk is making this mod more and more expensive. Oh well atleast I got a nice external DL burner.. made by pioneer too, 10X burner for $70 cant beat that...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="oppie1"]yup.. 500x240 jpg.. i attached the pc that i used..[/quote]

Have you tried changing the name from BGOPEN2-2 to BGOPEN2. My avic wouldn't read disc with ( - ) when I was trying to set them up for background pics and maybe this is the problem that you are having.

I could be wrong, but it worked for my background images.