AVIC411.com

Apple composite vs component cables

when u say cut out, what do you mean? are you saying the ipod would not be connected when u started the unit or when u were listening to the ipod it would cut in and out and speakers would go in and out?

When my ipod would cut out...I would barely hit a bump, hear a chime from the AVIC, and then the ipod would stop playing and my F90 would switch to the off screen. I could keep driving, hit another bump, hear the chime again, and it starts playing like normal.

I have since switched out the cable for the Apple cables, and haven't had an issue since.(With the ipod).

Yes the apple composite cable is the way to go, the build quality is second to none. It doesnt compare to the pioneer cable which looks like something made in a garage, and they tied it together using heat shrink tubing or something.

The composite cable is a single unified cable until they seperate at the end. Where as the pioneer cable seperate right out of the head of th eipod connection adapter.

I had issues myself where the iphone 3g wasn't charging and I had issues with controls and dropping out etc.

I looked at the inside of the adapter where the pins are and it looked warped, plastic was acutally different lengths where the pins were.

bought the new apple cable and have no issues. So, that is my own experience.

In my case, the apple cable has been worse. There are some days, I cannot get the ipod to work through the unit. The workaround has been to change the AV1 setting from Ipod to video. Of course I cannot control the ipod but once I make that change, it never drops.

I am eventually going to put the Pioneer cable back in. While I am sure it will still drop, it was a lot more stable than with the apple cable I got it connected to right now.

FYI, I am using an IPOD 160GB classic.

Dave